》rage

I slip my jacket on as Jasper goes over to Esme and kisses her cheek. She says something to him and he doesn't reply, just turns to look at me as I close the car door.

I walk around the car and into full view, making Esme gasp and cover her mouth. I play with my fingers and slowly walk over, obviously too slow for her liking because she's suddenly got her arms around me. "Oh baby where have you been!"

"Hi mom." I whisper and smile small, wrapping my arms around her.

She cups my face and looks at every inch of me. "Are you okay, are you hurt?!"

"I'm fine. We're fine.." I smile and touch my tummy absentmindedly.

"This is why you left?" She whispers, frowning. I don't like her frowning... and I don't like that she clearly hasn't hunted much either.

"Sort of. I mean, yeah I guess. When Seth.." I scratch my left arm nervously "I thought it was all over. He didn't want us and I thought you wouldn't."

"Don't be so silly. You're my daughter." She hugs me again and I close my eyes.

I hear someone approach and turn to see Rosalie appear from the trees, Emmett just behind her. Her eyes are wide and she looks at me. "Adley!?"

I smile warmly. "Rose."

Just like with Esme, she's suddenly holding me close to her. "Where were you!!"

"I was exploring." I whisper.

"This isn't a joke! I've been worried sick!" She eyes my tummy with wide eyes.

"He did this didn't he! He went for you so you would lose the baby!" Emmett thunders, his fist colliding thunderously against a poor tree.

"No!" I scowl. "He didn't mean to go for me. It was my fault, I went to comfort him but I didn't see he was phasing. I swear, Em." I whimper.

He doesn't look convinced, he looks pissed. I really messed them all up, didn't I?

"Em, please trust me." I whisper and hold my hand out.

It takes a moment but he comes and take a it, placing a kiss on my head. I think he'd hug me but Rose hasn't stopped her hug so he can't.

"Let's get you inside." She says and wraps an arm around me.

I nod and follow her inside, the house seeming too cold and quiet, leaving it feeling empty. I look around and sigh as I sit down, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Show me." Emmett whispers as he stands in the corner.

I look at him confused but notice his gaze fixed on my arm. I sigh and unzip my jacket slowly pulling it off. I show him the 4, angry looking lines on my skin. "What does this achieve, Em? I'm not mad at Seth. I forgive him."

"How!!! He could have killed you, killed the baby!" He yells.

"That wasn't his plan! He didn't mean to do it Emmett!"

"Enough." Rose scowls. "Don't you think we've all been under enough pressure for a life time!? Quit bickering, Ady had only been back 5 minutes."

I sigh and rub my head, it throbbing with every best of my heart. "Can someone get me a glass of water?"

Rose looks worried. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine I'm just tired and have a headache."

"Carlisle will be home soon-"

"I don't need a doctor to examine me, I just want my dad." I snap quickly.

"You really should-" she stops talking when I shoot her a look.