》fainter

▪Carlisle POV▪

I'm sat in my office vaguely listening to what's going on outside. I can hear Adley having fun with Jas, Em and Rosalie, Esme joining in too from the sidelines, and it makes me smile a little.

There's a tap on the door and I look up to see Edward. "Come in, son." I straighten up and place my book mark.

"I came to talk to you - about Adley."

I frown and nod. "Oh..?"

He frowns and sits opposite me. "She's not... she's... I don't know how to word how she feels." He sighs. "She's confused. She's torn. She wants to stay but she doesn't think we want her to."

"Of course we want her to." I frown deeper.

"I know you do... but me and Bella were talking earlier when it dawned on us. If she's to stay then she deserves to know... but you know she cannot know." He says, a troubled look in his eyes.

I sigh and rub my temples. "Me and Esme have discuss this.. We want to tell her and let her decide if she wants to stay. She deserves the truth, we are willing to take the risk." I take a deep breath. "If she chooses to let us adopt her then we will consider changing her; if that's what she wants. But-"

I get cut off as Edward suddenly cocks his head to the side listening. "She's having a panic attack." He says suddenly as he gets up.

I follow him quickly, getting there just as he forces the door open. Adley's head smashes loudly onto the tiles and my eyes widen.

"Adley!?" I kneel quickly and grab a towel to put over the gash on her forehead.

Edward quickly lays the towel over her as she slowly opens her eyes. "Adley? Can you hear me?" I ask gently.

She moans and goes to touch her head; Edward stops her movement and whispers to her to comfort her. "No no Adley it's ok." He strokes her hair and I can see the concern in his eyes.

"She's fainted, Carlisle." He sighs.

"Edward!? Carlisle!?" Bella suddenly appears in the doorway. "I smelt blood what's going on?" She quickly kneels down.

"Switch places with Edward, please." I say calmly.

"No-" he goes to protest but she pushes him aside. He sighs and rushes to get my bag for me as Bella grabs a bath robe and slips it on Adley.

"He has self control but not when he's emotional." She mutters and sighs.

I agree and ask her to hold the towel as I lift Ady. "Lets take her to the bed."

She nods and we move Adley; Bella sits with her head in her lap, one hand holding the towel and the other stroking her cheek. "She'll be okay, won't she?" She whispers.

"Of course she will; she's nowhere near as unlucky as you." I tease lightly and she smiles small.

Edward hands me my bag and I begin to check the would. It's not too large or deep but it'll need stitches; it's also bruised pretty badly so I send Edward to get Ice and tell the others to leave if they have to.

6 stitches and a little bit of panic later she begins to stir. Bella strokes her cheek still. "Hey clumsy." She whispers.

Adley blinks slowly and doesn't respond, making Bella look at me even more worried. I sigh. "She probably has a concussion. Give her a little time to come to more, enough time to remember what happened in her own time. Are you okay with her while I go to speak to Edward?"

She nods as she wraps Ady in the blanket, fussing over her. I smile small as I head to find Edward, thinking of how maternal Bella has become; I never imagined her and my son would be parents but it's clear they're made for it.