Niall, Sick; During X-Factor

"Can I ask for a fetus one, when they are in the process of becoming a band, and Niall gets sick, and he tries to hide it because he is shy and doesn't want to burden the boys, but at the end they notice and take care of him."

REQUESTED BY: - DHMORREGO

( A massive and very special thanks to Feobol for allowing me to message and use them as a sounding board and for helping me work out just what I was going to do with this request, I really, truly appreciate it. :-) )

~~~
Niall Horan felt like he was cursed, he was sure that he had to be. He was even prepared to bet money on it. It wasn't the time, and more to the point it wasn't the place, but, that didn't do anything to change the fact that he had woken up feeling as if he was coming down with something.

"Niall!" He heard his new-found friend and band-mate, Liam Payne, call. "Are you up? We have rehearsals."

"Yes, coming!" Niall called back, rolling out of his bed with a groan.

"Is everything alright?" Liam asked once Niall has exited the room, appearing in front of him looking tired and pale.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Niall answered, walking ahead of Liam he winced at the way talking had caused his throat to hurt.

Liam sighed, following behind Niall. He didn't think the blond boy was fine at all, but, the fact stood that he didn't feel as if knew the fellow teenager well enough yet to pry.

Niall walked a couple of steps in front of Liam, trying to subtly clear his throat. He had only been a part of One Direction now for several weeks and he was starting to feel like the pressure was starting to build. The band had made it to week three of the live shows and he really didn't want to be the reason that they didn't make it to the fourth week.

"Where have you guys been?" Harry asked, slightly hastily as soon as Liam and Niall walked into the rehearsal hall. "We need to get a move on if we are going to have any hope of getting through this week." He continued on, while everyone went to take their places and somebody hit play on their music.

-

"Okay, seriously, we suck." Harry said with an exasperated sigh. They had just ran through their current song 'Nobody Knows' and everything about it had just felt off to him.

"No, we'll be fine. You'll see." Louis said going to wrap his arms around Harry, who was clearly upset and discouraged.

Niall took advantage of the sudden upheaval to slip away unnoticed. Stifling a small cough into his elbow he made his way down the hall and into the nearest bathroom. After running through the song with his band-mates his throat was starting to hurt more, and now his nose was starting to feel somewhat weird and congested as well. Going to stand in front of the sink he turned the faucet on, wetting his hands and rubbing at his nose, hoping to clear some of the congestion.

Looking up into the mirror above the sink, he examined his reflection, he looked horrid, he was definitely getting sick, there was no denying it: his cheeks looked flushed, his eyes appeared watery, and he just generally was not feeling well. 'Great, just great.' He thought to himself. Tearing off a wad of toilet paper he blew his nose noisily before going to wet down his face once more.

Letting out a sigh, as much as he didn't want to he figured that he had better return to the boys so that they could finish off their rehearsals, he just needed to survive for another hour or so and then he would be able to go back to his bed, and hopefully sleep off whatever sickness was currently trying to plague his body.