0

Selena...

My life was far from perfect. Why do I say was? Well it's because I'm currently in heaven. As a teenager, I experienced life with having cancer. Usually a young teen doesn't want to die. But I made the best of my last few months. I knew what was coming to me, and I accepted it.

I was never a spoiled kid. Never ungrateful. I loved life and my childhood was pretty normal. By middle school, things turned to a different route. I wasn't popular, I wasn't not popular. I had one best friend and my brother.  High school in when my life turned into my own personal living hell.

At age fifteen I began to experience pains throughout my entire body. I was taken to the emergency room after I passed out from how much pain my body was experiencing. X-Rays and tests came back and we finally understood why. I was diagnosed with stage two Leukemia. My family and I grew apart after this incident. It was never the same, but I learned to deal with it.

Shortly after, I turned sixteen and I began chemotherapy. I was pulled out of school and away from all people. It was the most painful experience I had to endure. I felt so alone and the more I thought about, the more I felt like it wasn't worth it. I wanted to give up on life. There was no more strength in my body. So I stopped. I told my parents I wanted to stop treatment and try to be normal with the time I had left. My family was devastated and took a while to accept what I wanted.

Here comes the good part of my life. My last few months that I had. With someone who changed for the better, and changed my life.

At seventeen, I was enrolled back into school for my Senior year. That's where I reunited with the classmates I couldn't care less about. But soon became people who were my best friends.

This is my story.

___

Published March 6, 2018

For nobody who knows I am rewriting this story. I was originally the user @/aussie_arses. Hopefully old and new users enjoy the edited version of this story. Story may have drastic changes in plot and characters.