Prologue

Madhu lovingly caressed her Lehenga. Her lehenga was not as expensive as the one Mukunds mother had sent for Dipali but it was every bit beautiful and elegant. Madhu knew no other dress would suit her like this lehenga because RK bought it for her. She had already tried it on and it fit her perfectly. She blushed wondering what RK might have been thinking about when he decided on this lehenga for her. Was he thinking about how good it will look on her or was he thinking about his new project? Madhu wondered with a chuckle. Whatever he was thinking about she didnt care, as she was going to get engaged to the love of her life. She became a little gloomy wondering whether RK loved her; she knew he liked her but love? She pushed aside that thought as she assured herself that her love was enough for both of them to last a lifetime. She wont hold him responsible if he never returned her feelings as they both knew just like their families why they were getting married. They were getting married so that Dipali could marry her boyfriend Mukund who was RKs first cousin. Dadi had said that first Madhu will get married and then only Dipali could marry as Madhu being elder to Diplai. So Dipali and Mukund had decided that RK would marry Madhu as RK was raised by Mukunds parents and RK owed them that. 

Madhu carefully wrapped up her lehenga and hung it back inside her cupboard. She was about to go to kitchen and get back to the preparations for the function when her cell started ringing. Madhu started blushing as it was the customized ringtone for RK. She hurriedly picked up the phone saying "RK." "Madhu..." and Madhus heart stopped beating. His voice seemed dead, devoid of any emotions. "RK? You alrite? Where are you? What happened? Is everything fine?| Madhu asked unable to hide her worry. "I am at the park near your house. Can you come here now?" RK asked ignoring her questions. "Okay. I am coming." Madhu replied hurrying out of her room. 

|Where are you going? Do you know how much more is left to be done for Dipali's engagement?" an angry Balraj asked her as he saw her running outside the house. Madhu ignored him and continued running, it didnt matter to her that he was only concerned about Dipalis engagement not hers which is going to be held along with Dipalis, all that mattered to her was RK and that something was bothering him. "Madhubala! Madhubala!" Balraj screamed at her but she kept running, Balraj cursed her new found defiance ever since her marriage got fixed with that good for nothing RK. 

Madhu came to a halt as she saw RK leaning on his car smoking. The moment he saw her, he threw away the cigarette but made no indication of walking towards her. She went to him watching his face, something has gone terribly wrong. Without any preamble she asked "What happened?" RK looked at her for a long time trying to find the right words to break the news to her, and finally he realized there were no right words, so he said "Mukund and Dipali had a fight and she called off the engagement." And Madhus world came crashing down.

Precap 

Flashback

Please vote and comment

- Lazy