Guilty Filthy Soul

I was tired. Yes, as a vampire I couldn't technically get tired but this whole day was exhausting me.

The 'M' for Mikaelson, I thought as I entered the patio of our new home.

There at a small table sat Nik. Just the moonlight alighting his features.

"Nik?" I whispered. He looked sad.

"Hello, Penelope." Klaus sighed deeply and took another gulp from the bottle of scotch in his hand.

"Have you talked to Elijah and Rebekah?"

"Yes."

Silence. With a small sigh passing my lips I sat down next to him.

"And?"

"Elijah used my trust."

"Just because he likes Hay-" but Nik cut me off.

"I've never told you but the night my mother put the curse on me I begged Elijah to help me."

"And what did he do?"

"He turned his back on me." Niklaus whispered.

I was speechless and tried to hug him but he turned away before he got up.

"I gained Marcel's trust." He changed the subject.

"Good."

And again silence.

"Nik, I need to tell you something."

"Good, me too. I helped Cami finding the killer of her brother. The witches."

I nodded.

"Her uncle asked me to sent her away. And so I did."

I got up and nodded again.

"Niklaus." I looked into his eyes. "We found a bloodline of werewolfes."

"Okay..-"

"The bloodline you decade from."

"What?!"

"We found a part of your family."

"These people aren't my family!!!" He shouted and stormed towards the staircase.

"Nik-"

"Leave it!"

I went after him knowing that I should drop it.

When I entered the bedroom he sat with his face towards the window just wearing some pj bottoms.

"Niklaus, I am truly sorry."

"What for?" He grinned sadly.

"Bringing all this up. It's just- This shouldn't be like this."

He turned slightly and looked at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I've came here for you. Because I hoped my life here would be better." I bit my lip nervously.

Then he looked at me. Presage flickered in his eyes as he got up and walked over to me.

"Nik, I-" I stopped and took a shaky breath.

Klaus cupped my face with his hands. "What's wrong,huh?"

"This isn't any better" Tears streamed down my face. "then my life back in Mystic Falls. Then our life in Mystic Falls."

"Look, Penelope. In some days this all will be over and it will be alright?"

I laughed an exhausted laugh. "Do you really think that? Or are you just trying to calm me down?!