Summer Of Our Lifes

I threw the bag onto the backseat of my cadillac and put my sunglasses on.

"Where do you think you're going?" Damon's voice rang out from behind me.

"Away. As far away from the two of you as possible." I sighed.

"What?!" He half shouted.

He was pissing me off so I turned on my heel and looked at him.

"Damon Salvatore. We used to be the magic-three. We loved each other, we hated each other; But we never betrayed each other, didn't we? And you, my wonderful big brother, took Stefan's girl. This Katherine-double."

His jaw dropped. And I was really sorry, but I had enough.

"Damon she is no good. She exchanged you and Stefan. I'm tired of watching you and Elena, having the summer of your lifes, while our brother is gone." Tears started to stream down my cheek. "And although I'm still worrying about Stefan, it looks like he had enough as well. So; I am leaving, Damon."

I went back to my car and drove off within seconds.

The landscape flew by and I leaned back in my leatherseat. My sight went from my rosegold watch to the small daylight ring on my left hand; It was gold and had a lapislazulli in the middle that was framed with some gold detailing.

"The good old times." I mumbled sarcastically and stepped on the gas.

*Flashback*

I entered the huge mansion and my eyes met Elijah's. He looked worried.

"Hey Elijah."

"Hello, Penelope." He sent me his loving smile and I looked down.

We linked arms and he lead me to the living room where Klaus studied some drawings and has turned his back on us.

"Where's Hayley?" I looked around with disgust.

That bitch. Hopefully she died then she would keep her cheeky little fingers away from Nik.

"She-She left." Klau stuttered and slowly turned around.

"Why?" I was suprised that she actually left.

Suddenly Elijah's grip around my arm tightened.

I gave him a short, confused look before I concentrated on Klaus's look again; He looked like he was in pain.

After some seconds he and Elijah exchanged some looks.

"Oh god, just tell me; Did you kill her or what?" I laughed nervously but they still looked serious.

Oh my god, what is going on?

"Penelope." Klaus started and gulped. "I betrayed you. I failed you." He bowed his head.

Klaus..

"How?" I whispered, feeling weak.

"I slept with Hayley." He stuttered.

The pain was burning inside of me and I stumbled backwards.

I looked down and felt Nik's eyes on me.

"Penelope.."

Finally I looked up again and when I saw the pain in his eyes, I gasped for air.

He broke me. I'm broken. Now I lost it all.

The pain was too much; I looked onto the new daylight ring Nik gave me weeks ago..

"From now on we'll be together, Penelope." He has said.