I surrender who I've been for who you are

"Please fasten your seatbelts. We are ready for take off." I opened my eyes and came face to face with my brother. "Damon?" I asked when he sent me his famous smirk. "Welcome back, little sister." Realization set in and I tried to jump out of my seat but the seatbelt held me back. "Damon, we have to go back. The witches-" I stared at him with wide eyes. "Easy. We're already on our way." He said and took my hand. "We're in Amsterdam right now. We arrive New Orleans in 12 hours." I looked at my older brother and felt relief. "Thank you." "I will do what I can." He said as the airplane took off. We sat there in silence for some moments when I realized something. "What is with Elena?" Damon's smile faded. "Oh, I don't think I wanna talk about it." A blonde stewardess walked passed us and sent him a seductive smile. "Hello, sir. What can I get you and your-" She looked at me. "Sister." Damon said and smiled as well. "Perfect." I raised an eyebrow at her. "My name is Emily. So what can I get you?" Damon wiggled his eyebrows at me before he turned to Jenny. "A bourbon on ice and a Gin Tonic for my little sister." Jenny smiled, nodded and walked off. "I hate her already." I said simply but Damon just shrugged. "Back to the topic: Elena." I remainded him when Jenny returned with our drinks. "Here you are, hon-" She started but I cut her off. "Bye, Jenny." I stressed her name. She looked taken back before she walked off. "Okay, sister. I broke up with her because I am not good for her. We have to wait and see." Damon said simply and I just shook my head.

"We will arrive in New Orleans soon." The captain announced 12 hours later. Another thought crossed my mind and I turned to look at Damon. "You can't come with me." I said and Damon stared into my eyes confused. "I will not leave you alone." He exclaimed and the ladie in front us turned around. "Yes, you will. These witches take every weakness they can find and use it in order to destroy me. I wont risk your life." I whispered and looked at him. "Once we arrive in New Orleans you will take the next flight that will get you back home." Damon still did not looked overly convinced but he finally agreed. "Thank you." I smiled before I stared out of the window and looked at the skyline of New Orleans that appeared beneath us.

*Elijah's POV*

I was pacing up and down the gate as I waited for her. Although the fear of what would happen to my siblings dominated my feelings, I still felt how my heart fluttered when I thought about her.

The monitor was turned on and announced that the airplane landed about a minute ago. I stopped pacing and checked the time. We had to hurry. I knew where they were but I didn't know how much time they had left. I looked up and there she stood. Although she had been through a 14 hour flight she looked stunning. When she saw me she looked relieved and ran towards me. "Elijah!" She exclaimed happily before she hugged me tightly. I breathed in her sent as I held her close. "I am so sorry, Penelope. It all happened so quickly. She almost killed Hayley and she took her- Celeste, she-" I couldn't talk. I was torn apart. She took a step back and looked at me. "It will be alright." She smiled and took my hand. "We should go." I nodded before we rushed into town.

*Klaus POV*

I was still chained to the chair with that hexed knife in my chest. Rebekah and Marcel have been the reason why Mikael came to town all these years ago and almost killed me. The rage was boiling inside of me but I was also worried. Rebekah and Elijah could be in danger and most importantly Penelope. My heart stopped for a second when I thought of her. I knew they weren't in possesion of something that could actually kill me but they could kill her and then my life would end. My worries grew when Genevieve returned. "Niklaus." She smiled. "Let me go. My sister has some explaining to do." I said between gritted teeth but her smile just grew wider. "You will get your chance when time is right but right now there is more you need to know." I looked at her as she dipped her heads into the bowl with herbs again. "Something about the love of your life." My heard stopped once more. Celeste killed her. The witch placed her hands on my temples and the pain cut through my nerves again before the pictures rushed down on me: