Where We Started

"He did what?" Damon exclaimed more than angry.

"Niklaus had no choice." I tried to justify his actions.

"Actually he had plenty. First of all he could protect her and her friends better. And second of all he could have said something else then 'Turn it off.'!" Damon exclaimed raising his voice.

"Yes, but-"

"No, stop! I'll be there in some hours." He interrupted me.

"No I think no one else from her past should be around right now. She will just snap again or something."

"Pepe can't snap because she has no emotions!!" Damon screamed into the phone.

"I know and I am sorry but we will do what we can to help her." I promised but Damon just laughed.

"Her family is what would help her right now. You should know this, Elijah."

I walked over to the window and saw Penelope who stood in front of the casket emotionless.

"Just trust us."

"Trusting? You? Excuse me but you may forget who you are, Elijah!"

I sighed and concentrated on Penelope who was entering my room.

"Damon, I-" I started but Penelope took the phone from me.

"Hello, brother."

"Pepe!" He exclaimed and I heard the sorrow in his voice.

"I am fine, don't worry."

"But-"

"Just don't come here, okay." She said quickly before she hung up.

"Penelope!" I exclaimed, shocked from her coldness but she just handed me my phone before she left the room again.

*Nik's POV*

I stood in the shower although it was turned off already but I had been listening into the phone call of Elijah and Damon.

They both sounded helpless and I was too, because I've never seen her like that.

I heard how the door to my room opened and I quickly rapped a towel around my bottom half before I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Penelope."

She was standing in front of the huge mirror just wearing one of my shirts over her underwear.

"Nik." She whispered with a smile as she walked closer to me.

"What are you doing in my room?"

"What do you think?" She asked with a wink and stopped just inches away from me.

"Penel-" I started but she already kissed me and I couldn't help myself and entered the kiss.

She pulled my hair slightly and I pulled her closer.

Her hands wandered down my body and I ripped the shirt open when reality sat in again.

"Stop, love." I said but she wouldn't stop so I pushed her away and she landed on my bed where she looked at me with an raised eyebrow.

"What's wrong, huh?"

"We can't do this."

"Ah," An dark grin appeared on her face. "You mean because you broke up with me, my best friend in this town died, I killed innocent children and turned my emotions off?" She laughed the most humorless laugh I ever heard.

"Love, the things that happened are awful but one day it will be better and you can turn emotions back on." I said and wanted to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear but she got hold of my hand and looked me straight into the eyes.