Try

Jia fiddled with the hair tie around her wrist. She pulled it back allowing the elastic to snap back into the skin of her wrist. 

It was around ten and Dae still hadn't come back. It was normal for him to storm out when he was angry or frustrated, but once he'd walked around for a bit, he always came back. 

"Dae," Jia said, leaving her third voicemail. "I'm worried. I'm out looking for you now. Please call me back." 

She sighed as she ended the call and continued down the dimly street. A small red mark began to form on her wrist from the hair tie snapping into it rhythmically. She used her hands to bunch her hair into a messy ponytail and fastened it in place with the hair tie. 

Jia's phone vibrated and she looked down, her eyes wide.

oOo

Jimin (10:08pm): We're going to be flying back late tomorrow. Care for a late night dance practice?

Jia (10:08pm): That sounds amazing. I really need some time away from my boyfriend and roommate right now 

Jimin (10:09pm): Everything okay?

Jia (10:09pm): They're just fighting a lot and Dae's been kind of distant lately

Jimin (10:10pm): Well, I'm happy to dance whenever I'm not busy :)

Jia (10:11pm): :) 

Jia(10:11pm): Would you keep texting me? I'm actually out looking for him right now and it's dark and I'm kind of scared.

Jimin (10:12pm): Sure. Why did he leave?

Jia (10:13pm): They had a fight and he got mad. He normally comes back after an hour or two though. It's been like four. I'm worried. 

Jimin (10:14pm): :(

Jimin (10:14pm): I hope you find him

Jimin(10:14pm): Let me know when you do

Jia (10:15pm): I will

oOo

After an hour of searching for Dae at all of his favorite places, Jia gave up. She called him again, leaving another voicemail. She walked back towards the apartment, feeling her eyelids become droopy and her limbs felt as if they were dragging behind her. 

As she approached the apartment building, she spotted him. 

"Oppa!" she called. "Daewon!" 

She ran up to her boyfriend and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head against the soft material of his white button down. It was wrinkled, which was unlike her normally put together boyfriend. 

Daewon pulled away, his palms resting firmly on Jia's shoulders. 

"What are you doing out this late?" 

"Looking for you!" Jia said, her eyes brimming with tears. "I was worried when you didn't come back." 

"So, you came looking for me?" Dae asked. "Jia, how could you be stupid?! Something could've happened!" 

The tears overflowed, leaking down Jia's face. She turned away from her boyfriend, not able to take in his disheveled sight. 

"I was worried, Dae. And I hate to see you and Mina fight. If it weren't for her, we never would've met." 

"Jia," Dae said, his voice softer. "What's going on between me and Mina has nothing to do with us."