nineteen.

////warning - anger issues/possessiveness/emotionally/mentally abusive relationship////

it had been about a month since the bella and auston incident, and not a whole lot has gotten better except bella's leg. the swelling had gone down and she is able to walk a little easier, but she's still in pain. bella hasn't said a word to auston, and her and freddie are getting closer by the day. zach and will got bella's stuff from auston's apartment, moving it into freddie's place. 

the two of them have dealt with it off the ice, but the chemistry they had playing hockey is gone. no more highlight reel plays between number nineteen and thirty-four. bella got moved onto a line with naz and marns, but it isn't the same. they had just lost against calgary on home ice, and after the game as bella was heading out she was stopped by a voice behind her.

"can we talk?" a quiet, deep voice said from down the hall. she turned around and saw auston standing there, wet hair and a sharp suit.

"what is there to talk about?" bella leaned against the wall in the empty hallway.

"i miss you. when you left me i was broken. i haven't heard your voice for a month and its killing me bells. every day i expect you to walk through the door and have everything be okay, but you haven't and you won't ." auston said with some sort of emotion that bella couldn't read. almost cockiness, like he feels the need for bella to apologise too.

"stop. don't make me feel guilty for anything. you made a choice and i made a decision to put myself first and you aren't going to make me feel bad for that." bella has tears in her eyes now, trying to stay strong. she did love auston, but freddie treats her right and doesn't scare her like auston did.

"you should have been more forgiving. i made mistakes just like everyone else did and you didn't even give me one chance! you overreacted and ran." auston said loudly, dropping his head and running his hands through his hair.

"i don't have an obligation to give you another chance. i tried to make it work, i really did."

"how in the hell did you try to make it work?"

"every time you would get angry with me or someone else, i would convince myself that its okay. either i deserved it, or you were just protective of me because you loved me. but once i broke my leg and took some time for myself, i realized i didn't deserve it and you were possessive. you cheating on me was just the fucking cherry on top." bella started to cry steadily now. she hates admitting the truth. she hates admitting how she was manipulated and how she was so high on love she didn't realize it.

"how many times do i have to say they mean nothing to me!" auston yelled and started to pace.

"auston i was walking on fucking eggshells around you! i didn't want to make you mad because i was scared of you! i didn't know what you were going to do at any given time! you would show everyone this version of yourself that i didn't even recognize. " bella yelled now, almost sobbing. auston then stormed over to bella, standing right in front of her.

"don't you fucking dare yell at me like that again." auston growled, scaring bella. he's 6'3, and even though he would never hurt bella and she knows that, its intimidating when there's someone who has six inches and fifty pounds on you towering over you.

"i-i'm sorry." bella said timidly. it was quiet for a few moments before auston spoke up.

"you know i love you, right?" he said, less as a question and more as a statement. bella didn't say a word. "oh come on don't sit there and act like that."

"look, i have to go, freddie must be worried sick-"

"oh so you leave me and then hop on my best friend? classy, isabella, real classy." he said with a scoff. bella just turned on her heels and left, ignoring the mean words coming from behind her. she knows how auston's moods can swing so easily like that. at first, he's the sweetest guy, then he manipulates her, then he gets depressed about her being done with his shit. bella is so distracted by her thoughts that she runs directly into a body, almost falling but instead being brought in by a pair of familiar arms.

freddie. 

bella lets go a breath she didn't know she was holding and melts in his arms. 

"where were you? i was about to wear the soles out of my shoes running around this place." freddie said with a kiss on her head.

"can we just go home?" bella asked, while releasing from freddie, instead latching onto his arm as they walk towards the door. freddie just nods and heads to the car with bella. he knows she'll tell him some other time.

//////////

okokok just to clear things up in this story auston is not physically abusive he has possession and anger issues but never hit bella