eight

isabella was beyond thrilled when she learned that auston had managed to get rid of her dreaded white cage for good, and she was in love with the crystal clear oakley visor that was now attached to her helmet. 

"fucking finally. how did you manage to pull this off?" bella asks auston as they walk out of the acc, hand in hand.

"well it wasn't too easy, gary bettman isn't exactly the easiest to persuade." auston half mumbles the last part, but bella still hears him and rolls her eyes.

"gary bettman can choke." bella says without any hesitation, and auston stifles a laugh as he unlocks the car. 

as they get into the car, bella immediately grabs the aux cord and plugs it into her phone. auston sighs, as he knows what's coming next.

"AUSTON MATTHEWS. AUSTON MATTHEWS. HIT EM' WITH THE FOUR LIKE AUSTON MATTHEWS!" bella screams along with the music blasting through the speakers of the vehicle. auston just laughs, sneaking glances at bella whenever he can. 

they finally arrive at home (well, auston and mitch's home), and the pair immediately fall onto their smallest (but closest) couch in a tired heap. auston grabs the tv remote and puts on an ahl game that's already halfway through the second. as much as auston would love to stay awake, he's much too tired. auston wound up falling asleep with bella sprawled across his body, her head on his chest and her hand lazily tangled in his hair.

bella was still awake watching the marlies game, very comfortable laying on top of auston, as there is no way the two hockey players would fit side by side on the less than large couch. bella looked up at her boyfriend, admiring his sculpted jaw and perfect hair. she lays her head back on his chest, soon falling asleep to the distinct sound of auston's heartbeat.

-----

bella woke up to see auston on his phone, which was rested on her back. noticing she was awake, he smiled and threw his phone onto the table.

"one day that phone is just going to shatter and you'll cry like a little baby." auston sat up on the couch, making bella sit on his lap, facing him.

"as long as you'd be there to comfort me." auston says with a cheesy grin on his face.

"i literally hate you." bella said sarcastically as she got up from the couch and went towards the kitchen. auston just laughed and stayed on the couch as bella entered the kitchen. auston picked up his phone again, to see that there was a text from mitch.

mitch the bitch: are you and bella done

matts: done what

mitch the bitch: you know

matts: mitchell i swear

mitch the bitch: hey its fine sex is part of a healthy relationship

matts: we were sleeping.

matts: god you're exhausting

mitch the bitch: okay im coming back now

mitch the bitch: and im bringing more people so be ready

auston rolled his eyes and headed to the kitchen to see bella making french toast. its 6 pm, but who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?

"mitch is coming over, and he's bringing some other people."

"coming over? auston it's his house too." 

"whatever, they're gonna want some french toast."

"then i guess they'll have to make some." bella says stubbornly, but starts to make more anyways.

auston comes up behind bella and wraps his arms around her torso, pulling her closer to him.

"i love you." he says into her hair.

"i love you too, baby." just as bella finishes responding, the front door swings open and smashes against the wall, surely leaving a dent in the drywall.

"I SMELL FRENCH TOAST!" mitch screams as he strolls into the kitchen, followed by connor, will, matt, mo, jake, and zach. they all start flooding to the living room like a herd of elephants and bella shakes her head at the boys.

mitch walks over to bella and auston, who still haven't broken apart, and yanks on bella's ponytail. not very hard, but it definitely was more than a little tug.

"we want auston back. stop stealing him." the blue-eyed boy says as he grabs a piece of french toast from the stack that bella has made. he takes a massive bite out of the bread, finishing about half the piece in one swallow. not to mention he's eating it plain, which is also a little odd.

"i don't want to hang out with you guys. you're mean. she's nice." auston says as he lets go of bella to get a water bottle in the fridge. they have pre-filled green gatorade bottles in the fridge because matt martin insists that they have to be environmentally friendly. and nobody was going to argue with him.

"and she sucks your dick." mitch says and grabs the maple syrup for the french toast.

"not gonna lie, that does help." auston replies and heads to the living room with the french toast. bella just shakes her head, not blushing. its gotten impossible for her to become embarrassed in front of these boys. 

after cleaning up a bit, bella heads to the living room to see that all of the french toast had been devoured, except for one piece.

"i made them leave it for you because i know you haven't eaten yet." mo says and bella shoots him a grateful smile.

"at least someone's nice around here." the boys protest a little but let it go as bella eats her french toast. they all argue for a bit over what movie to watch, but all wind up agreeing on happy gilmore. over the course of the movie, they all got more and more tangled up with each other. 

matt was laying down sideways across the loveseat with his head resting on the armrest, and mitch was pretty much on top of him with his head rested on matt's chest. matt was holding mitch rather tightly, and if bella didn't know better she would swear those boys are dating. 

jake and mo were tangled together on the recliner, morgan sitting on jake's lap while jake's head was buried in mo's shoulder. zach and auston were on their own sprawled out across the floor, and will, connor, and bella were tangled up on the couch. will was laying on his back across the couch with his head on bella's lap, while bella was leaning on connor's chest. connor's arms were wrapped around bella as she ran her hands through will's hair.

"you have really nice hair." bella said as she started loosely braiding will's soft blonde locks. will just hummed and closed his eyes. connor rested his head further into bella's shoulder and held her a little tighter. 

bella fell asleep with a smile on her face that night.

/////////

wow can you believe i updated

yeah i know not too much relationshipy stuff but i had to throw in some stuff about the other guys because cmon