fifteen.

bella was transferred to toronto for surgery on her leg, and she was terrified, to say the least. after surgery, she was left with a horrible looking cut on her thigh and a weird contraption that consisted of metal rods going into her bone. and to top it all off, her boyfriend was on a road trip on the other side of the country. just as bella was starting to accept that she might be part robot for the rest of her life, steph and sydney walked into the room.

"hey girl, how you feeling?" syd said as she sat next to bella.

"eh, kinda hurts but otherwise i'm fine." they all talked a little bit before they each left for their own reasons, leaving bella to her own devices. a nurse came in and checked on her a couple times, and she was starting to get bored.

"what the fuck is that?" bella looked over to see lex walking in the door, with some of her healthy food blogger shit in hand. 

"nice to see you too." bella laughed as lex sat down next to her.

"seriously though, what is it?" 

"its an acai bowl. i brought it for you so you didn't have to eat the food here." lex explained while removing the plastic wrap from the colourful bowl and pulling a spoon out of thin air. bella looked quizzically at the bowl full of fruit and seeds, but took it anyways. "you know, if you ate healthier you might actually know what this is."

"fuck off, i eat plenty healthy." bella says with a mouthful of what seems to be yogurt with seeds. weird.

"if by healthy you mean bagels and cereal, then yes you do eat healthy." lex laughed as bella hit her on the arm. time went by while bella ate, the crappy tv playing softly in the background.

"is it like through your leg?" lex said as she poked one of the rods that were attatched to bella's leg.

"nope not at all, they just put it there for decoration. make me feel pretty." bella said sarcastically.

"shut up." lex says to bella. lex then pulls out her laptop and the two watch netflix until visiting hours were over. bella took the time here to observe her situation a little deeper.

she's in a hospital, in toronto, with a broken femur, and months of no hockey ahead of her. months of no hockey means no calder, no rookie records, and lots of time away from auston. 

wonderful.

----------

bella spent her couple days in the hospital talking with the girls, watching leafs games, sleeping, and eating healthy foods. as much as she loved avocado fish tacos and watching auston score goals through the tv screen, she was more than ready to go home. not to mention auston was going to be home. bella got the metal contraption removed earlier today, and it hurt like a bitch. she didn't cry, but came pretty close when they were unscrewing metal bits from her bones. the doctor finally came in and told bella she could go home, she was over the moon. lex was there with her to drive her home.

"you ready to see your man?" lex says as they pull out of the hospital. bella pulled down the mirror in the car and looked at her reflection. oof. i mean she doesn't really care how she looks, because its auston and she shouldn't care - but she cares. she hasn't seen him in a bit and she would like to not look like she just got run over by a bus.

"can we stop at your place first? I kind of want to shower and change."

"sure, no problem." the rest of the drive was relatively silent as they made their way to their condo. bella got out of the car and into the building mostly on her own (success!!) however, she was met with a large 'out of order' sign on the elevator. she looked over at lex with her best 'are you fucking kidding me' face and she smiled sheepishly.

"i forgot?"

"i guess we're taking the stairs then aren't we." bella says as she begins to hobble over to the stairwell, single crutch in hand.

"nuh-uh. you are not climbing up 4 flights of stairs with 90 million stitches in your leg." lex says, pulling out her phone. bella rolls her eyes and stops moving, turning to face lex who was on the phone. bella knew what was coming, and she wasn't the biggest fan.

no more than two minutes later, connor comes down the stairs. barefoot and wearing shorts and a hoodie, he looked thrilled to be there. 

"i thought you were an athlete." connor says as he picks up bella to carry her bridal style up the stairs.

"and i thought you were going to be nice to your injured teammate." bella says as she hands her crutch to lex.

-----------------

once bella was somewhat presentable, they left for auston's place. bella was so excited, she was almost vibrating. once they pulled up and made sure there was a working elevator, bella went in and lex left. bella hadn't even told auston she was allowed to go home yet, as she wanted to surprise him. she practically ran (well, hobbled) to the door and let herself in, only to be met with silence. she walked in a little bit farther and heard some rustling and laughing from the theatre room. expecting to see maybe auston and mitch playing chel or something stupid like that, she made her way over to the room. 

whoever she saw, it sure as hell wasn't mitch.

/////////////////

it was willy!! jk lmao im such a shithead oh also LOTS coming in the next chapter like l o a d s ill try to get it up asap because y'all know how good i am at updating ;)

its also only half proofread cause i dont like proofreading