Part 64

//third person's point of view//

Everything is silent in the infirmary besides the noise from the tiny TV in the corner of the room and the crunching of potato chips between Rinku's molars. "Man, you're missing out on some good stuff sis." he mutters under his breath before opening his can of pop, spilling a few drops on the floor as the drink fizzes.

The nurse looks over at the boy with an annoyed expression, but gave up on saying anything about the behavior of the boys guarding her patient. She learned that any comment made was just a waste of breath. They're just barbaric she decided.

Her patient however is just lying there, not bothering anyone. That's how she likes them best. They won't make a mess and are not unnecessary loud. The only sign of life she gave was earlier, when her friend slash boyfriend was battling. The girl was looking quite uncomfortable at the time, frowning heavily and tossing around a bit. She even let a tear.

It's not the first time this nurse saw a reaction of the likes. Some people are still very sensitive and despite them being unconscious, are still very much in tune with their surroundings. If a loved one is in a pickle, they will know.

She suppresses a yelp as a great wave of demonic energy washes over her senses, shaking the earth beneath her feet. She quickly reaches out to save her stuff from trembling off of her desk. Rinku holds onto his chair as the hairs on the back of his neck rise. "Awesome!" he calls out, grinning widely, though eyes wide with fear as he watches Hiei unleash his dragon. It's like being on a roller-coaster. The girl before him shivers visibly before crawling deeper under the covers, deciding to settle there.

"No way!" Rinku shouts in amazement as the energy dissipates, standing in his chair from the excitement. "Bui just deflected Hiei's attack back to him! He got swallowed whole!"

"Don't be silly." a soft voice seems to answer to his exclamation.

"Huh?" he wonders, looking around confused before looking down at the girl, only to see her eyes still shut and her breathing even.

He sweatdrops uncomfortably. "Hey sister, don't talk in your sleep like that. It's creepy." he says, before dropping back in his seat. "But...I guess I was wrong." he mutters as he sees Hiei reappear from the flames of darkness. "Damn, Bui looks scared shitless."

Rinku watches the battle draw to an end. There was nothing Bui could do against Hiei anymore now that he absorbed the dragon's energy. "Aw man! I wish I was in the stadium myself to see it first hand. Since I missed out on that, those two idiots better not disappoint." the boy complains half-heartedly.

//Kurama's point of view//

"So they are holding a break huh?" Chu mumbles, tipping his chair a little and balancing it neatly, making himself comfortable as he does. He just released the impatient Rinku from his duties, eager for a bathroom break...and a second lunch. That boy seems insatiable.

I nod. "Hiei practically destroyed the ring. It will take some time to clean up after him." I explain.

"Figures." the tall man comments with a smirk.

"Thanks again for looking after her." I say, my eyes on the still lump buried under the blankets. She's looking better, seeming to be more asleep instead of unconscious. I'm sure she will wake soon. It's a great relief.

"Don't sweat it. It's the least we can do while you're up against those guys. No trouble at all." he says casually, waving it off. I smile in gratitude. "How are you though?" Chu wonders. "You took a beating."

"I'll be fine." I assure him. Sure, I've certainly felt better, but I'll live.

"And what about Yusuke? He nervous?" he asks, an edge to his tone.