Part 45

"Curious." I breathe making Kuwabara turn to me.

"Is that all you can say? Kurama and Hiei are still off somewhere and now our opponents are missing participants too." he muses, deep in thought as we stand facing Dr. Ichigaki's team. "Can we at least put the masked fighter to good use?" he questions making me shake my head.

"Not until one of us kicks the bucket." I tell him.

"I still can't get over the fact that these are the same guys I saw in my dream." Kuwabara starts after a moment. "Something is very wrong."

I slap his back. "Don't worry Kuwabara. It will be all right." I assure him, recalling him saying something about it during breakfast.

"Come forth and decide how you will be fighting." Koto tells us, making us step closer to the center of the ring. Dr. Ichigaki laughs as if he has heard a joke that no one else gets. "Both sides have three people, huh? How does this sound? The contest will be decided three-against-three." he suggest in his annoying voice.

Yusuke glances at me, making me nod. "We don't mind. Are you going to watch from a distance?" he asks making the demon chuckle again.

"I am after all the team's alternate and adviser. The ones who will be fighting are my adorable experiment materials, the Marmots." he exclaims, making me narrow my eyes at the doctor.

"My dream is to create the mightiest of biological weapons. Fearing nothing, being bound by nothing and fighting at my will; the perfect killing machines. These three are experimental models." he continues, going off in a rant. What is it with bad guys and wanting to explain everything?

"I've had enough of your talk!" Yusuke shouts.

"Well, hear me out to the end. I have great interest in you guys as well." the doctor says, putting us on edge. "How about it? If we win, I get to have your bodies. Of course I don't mind if they're corpses." he says, shocking us.

"And if we win, I will kill you!" Yusuke shouts, clenching his fists in anger. The doctor agrees, not deterred by the stakes. He must be pretty confident.

"I have another condition." I say, pulling the doctor out of his warped thoughts. "This match will be a six-person battle. In other words, I want to settle this all at once." From the corner of my eye, I can see Genkai nod in agreement.

"A six-person battle? So you mean all of us mixed together?" Kuwabara questions as he and Yusuke look at me curiously.

"That's right." I nod.

The doctor turns around, pulling out a calculator and starts typing in some numbers. Again he starts to chuckle, turning around. "Very well. Why don't I accept that proposal." he says, agreeing.

I smirk in response. "Good." I mutter, watching him walk off the ring as Genkai steps to the side as well.

"Okay boys, I know there are some reservations when it comes to fighting these guys...." I start, eying Kuwabara specifically. "But that is no reason to get yourselves killed. They may not be fighting of their own free will, but they will try to do just that." They nod to show they heard, keeping their eyes fixed on the humans across from us.

Koto starts the match and the three of them waste no time in rushing at us and unleashing their surprisingly powerful attacks. They work well together and manage to throw us in front of each other's attacks. It's pretty annoying. If that wasn't bad enough, I caught onto Yusuke not being able to use his Spirit energy, which is a big disadvantage.

"Why can't we see their attacks?! We can only see the rings of that one guy!" Yusuke growls annoyed once we have the chance to gather ourselves. His words catch my attention and suddenly it seems logically that they are having such a hard time.

"Spirit energy can be invisible when you're trained properly to do so. It takes great skill." I explain, catching my breath after having to run around.

"So we can't see it, because they're that good?!" Yusuke wonders.

"Something like that. Right now, your energy is too low to see it." I say, making the boys grumble.

"So what are we going to do about it?" Kuwabara asks, making the gears in my head turn.

"Well...." I start.

"Well what? Spit it out!" Yusuke urges.

I sigh at his impatience. "You can listen to my instructions. I can see them, so I will be able to guide you through them. I just hope that...it won't costs me my own focus." I tell them, whispering the last past.

"Fine." Yusuke says. "We're counting on you."

Ipurse my lips, nodding. "Okay then."