Part 29

"What a mess!" I grunt as I plow through all the old Spirit world knickknacks. What am I doing it this room? Nearly breaking my back over all this stuff? Looking for a gift for Yusuke's birthday. I really wish Koenma had someone organize the room though.

Reaching some shelves, my gaze fleets over them before shaking my head disappointed. Working myself over to the other side next, I again scan the shelves, only to sigh when all I see is junk. "Where is it?" I mutter with a frown, looking around in wonder.

"Ah!" I exclaim, as I believe to spot the object I'm searching for tucked away in a corner in the midst of many other things.

Excited, I wake my way over, rather carelessly at that and of course I have to trip over some rope. The result: by body sprawled over the floor.

"Ouch ouch." I hiss as I pull a random pointy object out from under my butt. Throwing it away, I arch a brow as I see something clasped tightly around my wrist. "You got to be kidding me." I say annoyed as I look at the cuffs hanging from my wrist. They aren't ordinary cuffs as I feel them latching onto my Spirit energy. They don't look like those that I have been using.

Pulling on them, they seem to be clasped on tightly. I try to use my energy on them, but that does little except for tightening them further. "Well damn." I mutter. I suppose I'll have to ask Koenma to get this thing off later.

Grabbing the object that I sought, I start making my way to the door, only to see Kurama looking at me curiously from the door opening. "What's that?" he asks, motioning towards the object in my hand.

"A dragon demon's tooth I found the first time I entered the Demon realm. I carved it into this figurine." I tell him, holding up the little dragon. "I thought I'd give it to Yusuke. Do you think he'll like it?" I question.

Kurama smiles. "That's kind of you. I'm certain that he will like it. I believe it's very well made." I smile at the compliment and nod in thanks.

"Here, let me help you out of there." he says, holding out his hand for me to take. I take it gratefully and jump over a pile of stuff and out the door.

"Thanks." I say, letting go of his hand, only to find that I can't go far as there is a tug on my wrist.

As I look at the source I feel my face going bright red from shame at my own stupidity. "Rosa?" Kurama chuckles awkwardly, looking for an answer.

"Damnit, I forgot about that for a moment." I say, glaring at the cuff that has now also latched onto Kurama. That thing has a serious defect.

"I'm so sorry Kurama. I somehow got caught up in it and can't get it off." I explain embarrassed.

"And now I have fallen pray to it as well." he finishes in an ironic voice.

"Let's go to Koenma. Hopefully he will be able to get it off again." I suggest. He nods in agreement and we go to make our way over there, only to find walking normally quit difficult.

The cuffs are on our right wrists and obstructing our maneuverability a lot. "How are we...?" I start to question, only to be cut off as Kurama pulls me to his side and wraps his arm over my shoulder. I blush slightly, not quite used to being wrapped up like that. "That works I guess." I mutter, now both being able to walk forward properly.

An hour later, we stand outside Koenma's office defeated. Koenma tried, but couldn't help us out. The cuffs were too old-fashioned, though very strong and could not be removed without the use of a certain tool. He sent his ogres out to look for it, but until then, we are stuck together.

"Soooo, now what?" I ask.

Kurama sighs, shrugging. "I suppose all we can do is wait. Until then, I can't go home. Mother will be quite suspicious if we show up like this."