Part 58

"In a complete turnaround from when he was Onji, contestant Suzuki is dressed in an unusual...no, a flamboyant outfit." Koto comments, irking said contestant. Koto ducks away as a playing card comes flying her way, only to have it embed itself in the forehead of the demon behind her. With a neat fountain of blood, he collapses.

"I thought I said to put the word 'beautiful' before my name." he warns making me 'tsk'. What a touchy guy.

"I really don't get it. Why are you using such an ostentatious get-up?" I question. "You have something to hide?" He turns to me and I instantly regret asking, feeling a rant coming up.

"My colossal legend will last forever! My bare face is not necessary to this legend. People fear those whose appearance is unknown and are enchanted by them to imagine they look like this or that. God and the Devil are the greatest examples of this don't you agree? A hundred years from now, people will talk about me like this: "I'm sure the most beautiful, mighty and fearsome demon battles Suzuki looked like this!" "No, I think it's like this" "Oh no, not at all. It was like this!"' he explains while striking dramatic poses. I can only blink at the absurdity of it all.

"Just thinking about it makes me all thrilled and excited!" he says dreamily before laughing loudly.

'Great. He's not just a clown, he's completely mad as well! This is starting to sound like a recipe for a horror movie.' I think with dismay.

"My beautiful self will make this declaration: the morning after I'm victorious, the first thing I will do is kill off the elderly! I will kill all those who go against that! I will grant the right to live only to those who follow me!" he calls out, causing a roar of protests from the crowd. To enforce his point, he sends a blast of energy toward a part of the crowd, obliterating them. "I'm quite serious." he says before laughing loudly once again.

"Dude..." I breathe, wide eyed. "Hey...um..." I wave, trying to get his attention.

"Yes?" he finally asks, quirking a brow.

"Well..." I start, feeling like I'm threading on thin ice. "I've heard of this great psychiatrist... I strongly advice you to give them a call... Gah!" I scream as I jump aside to avoid a blast. "Bugger." I mutter.

"Perhaps I should give the okay to start seeing you've already begun?" Juri suggest, making me nod furiously.

"Please, I want this drama to be over with." I tell her.

"Okay, Rosa Yamashita versus the beautiful Suzuki, begin!"

"I have to warn you, your little throwback technique you used on Shishiwakamaru won't work on me. You will never be able to tune in with my energy. Let me show you!" he says smugly, gathering a funky pulsing energy. "My great finishing technique, Rainbow cyclone!" he calls out before sending out rainbow colored energy blasts my way.

I rush away before it reaches me and he, being too distracted with himself, never notices. He laughs loudly at the hole he created beyond the ring. "It seems contestant Rosa has been disintegrated!" Juri calls, making me roll my eyes. 'They wish.'

"Hey Suzuki!" I call out, making him turn around surprised when he finds me just two feet away. "My little pony called, they want their rainbow back." I tell him before taking hold of his red nose and pulling on it before letting it smack him in the face again.

"How dare you! You insolent wench!" he screams indignantly, holding his nose.

"You overestimate yourself, you fool. Shishiwakamaru was a greater challenge. If this is all you've got, I can take you down in a fist fight, no sweat." I tell him, making him growl.

"A fist fight huh? Well, I can do that! Be awed by my prowess!" he calls, before bulking himself up until his shirt bursts. "Bursting muscle, steel body!!"

"Yeah, good for you." I say dully before swinging my fist round, hitting him straight in the jaw. I rush after him as he goes flying, grabbing his leg to swing him round and round.

"Woooooh!" he yells out, getting dizzy. He wobbles as I put him down.

"I feel like playing pin the donkey...with my foot." I smirk.

Doing a twirl for the effect, I swing my foot, planting it right on his ass-cheeks. "Yow!" he shouts out, skipping as he holds on to his tailbone. I snicker at the pathetic sight of him. "Maybe clowns are fun after all?" I question myself before letting my smile drop and scoffing. "Nah!"

Deciding to put an end to this charade, I go after him and punch the living daylight out of him before knocking him out with a finishing blow. "I do hope they have a nice padded room for you somewhere. You're a menace to society buddy." I mumble as Juri does the countdown.

"Team Yamashita-Urameshi wins this round and will be going to the finals!" Juri finally announces as Suzuki shows no sign of getting up. I ignore the booing and insults that follow, not giving a damn about it. My mind is already on the finals.

I throw a glare at Toguro and his team as they silently leave the stands. I'm really not looking forward to it as I know this will be the hardest fight we'll have on our hands yet and there is a great possibility that the ending will not prove positive for us.

"Good job, Rosa!" Kuwabara says happily as I reach the others.

"You back already?" I can't help but wonder, not having noticed him there before.

"Wha---?! What do you mean 'already'?!" he huffs indignantly.

I chuckle, slapping him on the shoulder. "Nothing, you big lump." I assure him before yawning loudly.

"I suppose it's a good thing the day has come to an end, isn't it?" Kurama says as we leave the arena. I nod in agreement and smile when the girls minus Keiko greet us in the hallways. I can guess at where they left her. I suppose I should seek Yusuke out. I'm curious about the end result, figuring the transfer of Genkai's powers worked.

Outside, I stop in my tracks, searching for his energy. It's not long before I find it. Looking back to the others, I see them waiting for me, glancing at me curiously. "You guys go ahead, I'll be right behind you." I urge before rounding on Kuwabara. "Don't eat all the food before I get back!" I scold before dashing off into the woods. I have no doubt that most of them know where I'm headed.

Only a couple of minutes away, I find Yusuke, sound asleep in Keiko's arms. Beside her lies Puu, also at rest. She smiles in relief when she sees it's just me that just burst through the bushes. "Hey there." I muse before crouching down and snapping my fingers in front of Yusuke's face. He's out like a light.

I glance around for a moment, not sensing Genkai anywhere nearby. She's not going to act like a hermit now, is she?

Looking back down at Yusuke, I can sense all the power swirling within him. Slowly it's settling down, waiting to be used. "They told me he's a lot stronger now." Keiko says quietly. I nod. "But I'm still worried." she adds before looking up at me. I can see how much stress she is in. She looks so tired. "I don't want to lose him Rosa." she sniffles, tears gathering at the corners of her eyes.

I bite my lip, my features going hard. "I know Keiko. And I promise you, I will do whatever I can to prevent him from doing so. He will not die on my watch." I say resolutely.

Keiko looks slightly relieved at the promise and I grin before ruffling the boy's hair, knowing he can't do a thing about it right now. "Let's take him up, shall we?" I suggest, hoisting him up and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. She nods, picking up Puu before we slowly make our way up to the hotel. Little did we know that we were being watched carefully.