Lasagna Disaster (I'm noticing a pattern...)

I just realized something.

A lot of the weirdest stories in my life involve lasagna.

...

Am I cursed?

...

I volunteer at the library a lot, and there was this one time I had signed up for a whole bunch of things in one day.

I would start at nine in the morning handing out candy (It was Halloween). I would do that until twelve in the afternoon, when I would take a quick snack break.

After that, I would volunteer again at a Harry Potter event until three, when my mom would come pick me up, take me for dinner, and drop me off at another library where I would volunteer for three more hours.

The morning started off good, but I didn't eat breakfast. But hey, that's okay.

I handed out tons of candy to kids, which kind of made me low key mad, because I wanted candy. But I didn't get any. By the time my shift ended I was super hungry, and kind of mad. (It wasn't anyone's fault but my own, if I had asked for candy they probably would have let me have some)

So I went and I ate my snack, then showed up for the Harry Potter thing. It was soooo long. Most of it was a lot of fun, though. I think it was just my mood, but I didn't really talk to anyone and all I did was glue things, and when I tried to act like a wizard all the kids just kinda stared at me, which made me sad.

When that was over, I was really looking forward to dinner.

My mom picked me up, as promised, but she was a little late.

When I got in the car she was like, "Well, I'm sorry honey, but we don't really have time to stop and get food."

And I was

I was

I

I wanted to scream

So, I convinced her that we at least had time to stop at Safeway, because I was dying and needed food.

So we did. We went into Safeway, and my mom told me to choose something from the deli. I wanted tamales or empanadas, but everything is cold and I would have had to heat them up. My mom was like, "Why don't you just get some lasagna?"
Even though I would have to heat that up too, she somehow convinced me to do it.

So I get my lasagna, and it comes in this plastic box, right? And everyone knows you're not supposed to put plastic in the microwave, right?

So, since I sincerely care about the microwaves at Safeway, I grabbed a couple napkins to put my lasagna on while it heated up.

When I opened the microwave, I reeled back in horror. (not really, but that's what i felt like doing.)

There was some dried gray gunk all over the bottom, sticking up and crispy and all that good stuff.

Ewww.

So I just kinda held my breath while I stuffed forty layers of napkins on top of that nasty stuff. Then I put my lasagna on top, which was pretty easy since it was basically a solid frozen lump of cheese and pasta.

I cover it with napkins too, because I didn't want it to explode and cover the microwave in lasagna guts. Because I am a joken good person and I think it's absolutely disgusting.

I don't think I can clearly express my emotions.

Some ever-loving scratched disc made a huge mess in the microwave and left it there for someone else to clean up.