The Origin of Tofu Face

This story isn't actually about Tofu Face himself, although he is wonderful, rather it is the origin story of his name.

Guess where it happens?

*suspense*

CPET!

We, that is, CC, Tofu Face, and I, were at a CPET dinner. They have a buffet every night, and oh my word it's amazing. Usually.

When we were going through the line getting our food, I saw this chicken pad thai stuff. It looked pretty good, so I plopped some on my plate and carried on my way.

Well, we got back to our table and were in the middle of our dinner when I decided to try the pad thai. I had some of the noodles, and they were okay. Then I stuck my fork into the chicken. It was kinda weird feeling, but I put it in my mouth anyway.

Oh.

My.

Word.

It was awful. The "chicken" exploded in my mouth, squishing everywhere. It was slimy and soft and flavorless.

I started choking because some of it had gone down my throat, and gagging, because, well...

At that moment I was also really worried because I thought I had eaten a really bad, rotten piece of chicken.

By now, you can probably guess what it was that I ate. Sorry if you really like tofu and I offended you or something, but I was expecting chicken, and that... that was just awful. Even after I knew it was tofu, it still... eck.

Anyways, after I stopped dying, and could finally talk again, CC and Tofu Face asked what was wrong. I told them to try the chicken, and CC went first. It was really, really funny watching her.

Then it was Tofu's turn. He stuck the whole frikking thing in his mouth and started chewing.

Then, as the whole table watched with baited breath, he spat the tofu out onto his plate. I have never seen food leave so fast. Also it was kinda gross, but who am I to judge? There's a story about that coming up.

It was a wonderful team-building experience, and we still joke about it today. Every time I see tofu I send a picture to CC.

and yes, in case you were wondering, all three of us are horrible animal murderers, perpetuating toxic carnovorism and meat culture. We all hate animals with seething flames of murder and wrath.

I'm just kidding.

TOFUfufus and CHICKiechicks,

~~~PSyCHo~~~