I begin to list the things I've noticed about the Cullens:

- They're all pale, but I am too.
- They all seem to be extremely and inhumanely beautiful, which I guess now makes sense.
- The eating thing.
- None of them slept. Well, I never saw any of them sleep.
- They sometimes speak too formally for people from this time. I always thought it was because they'd been raised right. Maybe they had - 100s of years ago!

And the wolves? Werewolves!? I feel like I'm in a bad horror movie or sickly sweet teenage romance novel. This is ridiculous!

I decide to follow the stream slightly up hill, never looking back. I keep my coat tightly around myself as it gets colder, snow appearing the more I near the mountain valleys. I must've been walking for hours now but I don't want to stop.

Maybe a bear will kill me before the Cullens can.

"No one will kill you, Ady."

I spin around to see Edward stood there in nothing but the jeans and shirt sleeved shirt he had on earlier. I stumble back a little and I see him frown.

"How did you-"

"I followed your scent. And you walk slow." He smiles small.

My scent!?

"It's okay to be afraid. You had a more human reaction than Bella did when I told her." He smiles and kicks the snowy leaf pile by his foot.

I see my breath in the air as I try to calm my heart; he has me intrigued and that was his plan. "Bella? Isn't she one of you?" I whisper.

He nods. "She is. But she's a newborn, well she's a newer member. She doesn't count as a newborn anymore. She was human up until about 5 years ago when she had Renesmee."

Renesmee? She's like 17, maybe older. She isn't 5.

"She is. She's half human, half vampire. She grows a lot faster than a human child."

"Stop doing that!" I snap, wanting him out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, habit." He sighs and holds his hands up for a moment before he slips them in his pockets. "Will you please come back and let us explain? Or at least let me take you some place warm." He tries to reason.

"Explain? What is there to explain!" I scoff as I throw my arms around. He goes to say something but I don't give him chance. "I was happy, comfortable!!! I finally felt like I belonged - maybe not like I was equal but like I had found a home and a family! But I'm nothing but food to you all!" I'm yelling in the end.

He doesn't say a word and just sighs again. He looks over his shoulder. "You try then, kid." He says to something that isn't there. "I never realised she thought so little of us." He mutters to himself but I catch it.

He disappears in a split second and my eyes widen; they just about pop from their sockets when a large, very large, wolf appears slowly from the trees. It's fur is sort of a mix of grey, cream, white and a light coffee color, it's black eyes piercing but yet familiar.

I gasp in a breath and mouth "Seth" into the air. He whines softly and bows his head looking up at me. He runs past me and disappears for a moment before the human Seth walks back into view, nothing but shorts on. No shoes, shirt - nothing.

"Adley.." He says softly, a slight smile on his lips as he reaches his hand for me.

I back up a bit. "Don't."

He sighs. "C'mon, Ady. It's just me."

"No. No. You're not just you, Seth. Are you!?" I snap a little harsher than I intended.

He remains calm. "You are more than allowed to have a reaction like this but it isn't what you think. The Cullens- they're like, what's the word?" He mutters. "Vegetarians? Vegans?" He shrugs.

"What, they don't eat kids? They don't eat old people?"

He laughs. "Funny. No, they don't eat humans."

"What, there's tofu blood?" I mutter sarcastically.

"No, they hunt animals. Bella has never tasted human blood, neither has Carlisle, Rose." He sits on a rock as I stand a few feet away. The snow melts around him. "They really aren't bad or scary. They're the nicest people I've met."

"People." I mutter and look away.

"Oh c'mon, Ady. They're your family."

"I'm just charity to them!" I growl.

"Oh please. You're more than that, you are their daughter, sister. My friend. The pack are pretty fond of you." He smiles warmly. "My sister isn't fond of anyone."

"How about you stop with all of this!" I snap again. It's too much - all too much. Vampires, werewolves, newborn, half breed, pack, hunting... my head spins.

"Adley, how else are you going to get used to it? Doesn't it say something about Carlisle if he's nearly 400 years old or whatever and he's never fed from a human? That he's a doctor and has been his entire life basically?"

I frown - How old!?! I stare at him for a moment. "What, that's supposed to make me feel better?" I whisper; it did, a little, but I won't admit that.

"It might. But you're welcome to think of this however you want. I just want you to have the facts first."

"Great. What else then? Rosalie wants a snack? Is that why she's pissed at me, coz she's not allowed to? And I'm just a replacement for the kids Esme and Carlisle can't have? And Edward picking through my head." I shudder.

Seth stands and walks over; I stay very still, which I can tell surprises him. "I won't hurt you.." He sighs with a whisper. "And it's not my place to tell you the past but Rosalie has her reasons. She treated Bella the same too."

I frown. Maybe speaking to Bella could help, but she seems made for this. She probably wanted this and that's why Edward fell in love with her. As for me, this life is different and scary and new and I'm not sure I want it.

Seth slowly wraps his arms around me from behind and my breath hitches in my throat. He rests his head on my shoulder. "Take a deep breath. Relax. Breath in and out."

I close my eyes and slowly do so. It's quiet for a moment before he speaks again. "They're all waiting nervously at the house. They want to explain." He says softly in my ear. "The Cullens understand that you may want to leave and they'll accept that if its the case - but they dont want to lose you. Neither do I... And I really don't want you sick again."

I hesitate; if I go back, they may not let me go. What if they kidnap me? Force me to stay? I know I sound ridiculous but everything I thought to be true, well it isnt true. Just something else no one tells me about.

"Tell me what you're thinking about?" He whispers. His super, abnormally warm body keeps me warm and I subconsciously cuddle into him.

"Edward reads minds... do they all?" I whisper.

Seth smiles. "No, they're all different. It's rare they have a gift but Edward can read minds, Bella has susper self control and she's like a shield or something. Nessie can show you what she sees, Jasper can control your emotions. Alice can see the future-"

"WHAT!?"

"I know, cool right?" He laughs.

I scowl. "No, not cool. It's invasive and rude!"

"Well, she can't see the wolves so as long as you spend time with me she can't see you." He suggests hopefully.

I sigh and shiver a little. "No Seth. I should just go..." I start to pull away. My face throbs - I'm tempted to shove it in the snow to help it cool off - and I need to pee. If I want a warm place to sleep then I best get walking to find one...

"No, Adley, please." He begs taking my hands. "Come stay at Charlie's, my mom would love that. Please?"

I slowly look at his pleading face. "Fine... but the others stay away."