[EP. 9] New Friends

Yuko’s P.O.V

I heard the beeping of my alarm clock, groaning I pressed a button to make it stop its annoying sound. I rolled out of my bed, falling to the floor with my blankets still covering my body.  I spread my arms making myself comfortable on the cold hard ground. “Ah you always catch me floor.” I shot up and scratch the back of my head making my hair messier. I placed my blanket on the bed and started to get ready for school.

“Great! Another day at school.” I said to myself sarcastically as I wore my gray blazer which was included in the uniform, and then rolled up my black thigh high socks. I looked in the mirror seeing a girl with long orange hair, which was me. I put on my two red clips and fix the crease of my black skirt. I sighed heavily and took my bag, and also grabbing a piece of melonpan before I leave my house. “I’m leaving.” I said to no one particular and closed the door behind me.

I left the apartment complex and started to walk while slowly chewing the delicious bread. The school was fairly near my apartment a 10-15 minutes’ walk and I remembered Seijuro’s house is also near but the distance is farther than my house to school.

Finally here at school and I see Mibu-chin-senpai coming near. I squinted my eyes observing his actions as he went near me. “Yuko-chan~” He greeted with his somehow high-pitched voice. “Ohayou Mibu-chin-senpai.” I deadpanned. I’m too sleepy to be energetic. “I want-” I cut him off by staring and he started to fidget. “So you want me to talk to you after school… at the gym right?” I told him blankly, making him look surprised. “E-eh how did you know?” The black haired male asked.

“You’re forgetting something.” I smirked at him and walk away. That something is me being Seijuro’s childhood friend. Walking down the hallways and passing by different doors and people, I noticed a mop of red hair in the middle of the crowd. Yawning I continue my pace.

“Ohayou Seijuro.” I greeted quickly and went in the room. I sat down on the chair and hanged my bag on the side of my table. Classes then started on and on. And for once I’m not sleeping in class but I keep on yawning.

Once the bell rung, signaling the lunch break, people started to form groups and talk or gossip about something. I took the time to sleep because my head is starting to feel a bit heavy.

--

After lunch is Math and there’s a test I have to pass. Feeling someone glaring at me I look to my side and saw it was Seijuro. His glare said: ‘If you don’t pass this I will kill you.’ Oh well time to this the right way. Or maybe not. I started scribbling on the white paper. After some minutes I’m on my last question. Well, I’m not answering this anymore. I rested my head on the table and started to nap.

--

After classes I went straight to the gym. I hold on to the giant metal bar and push it revealing the gym. It was huge and had shiny wooden floor. I saw Kotaro-senpai and Mibu-chin-senpai having a one-on-one. We were the only ones on the gym. I decided to sit and observed there game for a few minutes. I got to say there pretty impressive. Kotaro’s dribble is fast and Mibuchi has good accuracy in shooting. He has two, no… three forms.

“Yuko-chan join us!” Kotaro invited which I declined by shooking my head. “Eh why not?” he pouted while faking his tears.

“Well don’t you think we’ll get in trouble?” The two boys look confused. I sighed and diverted my eyes to the coach who was observing from the bleachers. He nodded and went down leaving the gym.

“So senpai what do you want to talk about?” I inquired, crossing my arms. Mibu-chin-senpai sat next to me and smiled. “No need to be formal, call Reo. And I want to-” I tilted my head to the side “Talk about me?”

“Ah yeah. You’ve been cutting my sentence since this morning” He chuckled awkwardly. I smiled a little and started to speak up. It won’t hurt to tell them right?

“It’s me about not having friends right?” Reo nodded. “Well in America I had no friends… well except for the three people.”

“Eh who are they?” Kotaro asked. “Well you’ll meet them eventually.” Kotaro looked confused but shrugged it off. “And well long story short, I was home schooled for some reasons, so I don’t really know how to make friends. One of the reasons was because people would use me because I came from a rich family…”

“Y-yuko-chan~” Reo hugged me, and I try to struggle free. “I’ll be your friend. Just call me Reo-nee!” I felt another weight and it was Kotaro hugging me also. “Uwaah Let me be your friend also!” I smiled at how eager they want me to be there friend, and it made me have fuzzy feeling but it made me happy inside, making me giggle.

“Thanks guys.” I smiled at them and break free from the massive hug they were giving me.

“Then what is Sei-chan to you?” Reo asked making Kotaro perk up in interest. “Well I can’t talk to you about that. And isn’t it rude to eavesdropped Seijuro?” I said loudly and look towards the door. The two boys look at the door and saw the red headed captain.

“Well see you tomorrow.” I collected my things and started to leave.

REO’S P.O.V

I watched as Yuko leave. She reminded me a lot of Sei-chan, but somehow she has a darker aura to her and a wall that is harder to break. Well as I friend of hers I’ll just support her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah this is kind of a filler chapter... I'll try to make the next one interesting~