[EP. 16] Sports Week

Sports week came fast and it was already middle of the week. Most of the students were in their P.E. uniforms preparing for whatever game they were going to participate.

Yuko and Itsuka were in the girls’ locker room preparing for their basketball match with their other classmates. Yuko wore her basketball shoes and tied her hair into a ponytail. Itsuka also wore her shoes and looks at Yuko.

“Ano… Why do we have a match our classmates?” Yuko inquired not being informed of anything about the match.

“Well the wining team will get the highest grade and will be the representatives to have a match with the other classes.” Itsuka explained while fixing her things or more like stuffing it on the locker.

“And why are you still wearing those high socks!?!” The brunette asked frantically. It’s really weird for her to see someone who wears thigh-high sock while wearing the P.E. uniform which consists of a white shirt with a tiny Rakuzan logo and light blue shorts symbolizing the school’s color. Now that she thinks of it every P.E. time Yuko wears thigh-high sock all the time.

“Hellooo…” Yuko waved a hand in front of Itsuka’s attention breaking her train of thoughts. Itsuka grabs a fresh new pair of sock and shoved it to Yuko.

“E-eh?... N-no thanks. Come on we’ll be late.” Yuko shoved the pair back and ran towards the door leaving Itsuka dumbstruck.

“Is she hiding something?” Itsuka asked to no one particular. Her suspicion was rising but brushed it off thinking maybe the orange haired girl had sensitive skin.

Later that day, they have assembled on the outside court. People from different classes had gather around to watch the match and also the three uncrowned kings came to watch also. Feeling lazy, Yuko yawned feeling no motivation at all. She stood farthest from the referee for she was the smallest.

“Ne…Ne… I’ll treat you to something if we win.” Itsuka mumbled to the shorter girl noticing her lack of motivation.

“Are you bribing me?” Yuko deadpanned staring at the brunette beside her.

“Yeah I am.” Was Itsuka’s blunt answer. Yuko just smirk at her response and pressed the stopped button of her recorder on her cellphone.

“No backing out now, you promised.” Yuko said as she returned her phone back to her pocket, not even sensing the danger her phone would be in, like being crushed if she ever falls down.

The whistle was blown signaling the start of the game. However Yuko ran slowly or probably just walk. She rubbed her eyes trying to stay awake. Well its her fault for playing games all night. The gap kept widening as the game progress. The other team was wining with 41-28. Time was ticking but suddenly the whistle was blown again making Yuko more awake at least.

“Foul!” The teacher/ referee announced. Yuko saw Itsuka on the floor and had a bruise on her leg. She rushed over to the brunette and helps her up to get to the bench.