[EP. 6] X is....

“Oi baka stay awake.” Seijuro demanded the girl who was now half asleep, from all the studying.

“x is… x is equal to….” Yuko snoozed of before saying the answer, which made Seijuro more annoyed. He rubbed his temples remembering how this had happened.

“Well, I’m going home now.” Yuko bid her farewell and turned to the door. She was about to hold the door knob when she was stopped.

You’re not going home. It’s already dark outside and I have to tutor you.” Yuko walk back to the sofa and grumbled to herself. The maids were ordered to prepare a room for her to stay and one of them gave her a change of clothes.

“You should call your parents or guardian to let them know you’re staying here.” Seijuro ordered you. And Yuko just lay down on the sofa with her hands fiddling the air.

“I think that won’t be necessary. I live alone.” Yuko informed him. Seijuro nodded and walked away to his room. Yuko still grabbed her phone and dialed Tetsuya.

“Hello…”Yuko heard from the other line.

“Sorry for calling you this late Tetsu-chan… but how does Juro-kun teach?” She asked Tetsuya.

“Etto… if Akashi-kun was a teacher, it would make lessons very easy to understand.” Tetsuya responded.

“Thanks Tetsu-chan…”

And here they were in the study room, studying at a Saturday afternoon. Books and papers were scattered all around the room, including quizzes with failed marks with it. Yuko’s head was stuck on the table with hands on the air fiddling with a pen. And Seijuro was already annoyed with how she answers the questions.

“Look I’ll treat you to something tomorrow if you answer all of these correctly. And how can you be this dumb?” Seijuro pointed at the paper with a mark of 5 out of 30. Yuko was about to protest but felt and intimidating air around them which made her shut up. She slumped down on the table and decided just to give in.

“You promise to treat me okay?...” She then sighed heavily and took the papers full of questions from Seijuro. She took a pen and started to answer lazily. It was silent except for the sound of the ticking clock and the scribbling pen. Seijuro decided to close his eyes for a bit and relax for a while.

After an hour Yuko’s head fell to the table making a loud sound, making Seijuro wake up from his nap. He looked at Yuko who was already fast asleep. He took the papers and scanned through it one by one. He felt a vein popped because he noticed that she didn’t put any solutions. He skimmed more on the papers and he realized it was all correct.

“Mibuchi… Reo, shooting guard, 188 cm…. 74 Kg…. Multiple Shooting Form” Seijuro turned his head towards Yuko who was still fast asleep.

“Hayama Kotaro… small forward… 180 cm, 68 kg, Fast Dribbling….” Yuko’s eye twitch a bit then relaxed again. Seijuro kept on observing the girl.

“Nebuya Ei… Eikichi, center, 190 cm, 94 kg… Muscle power…”

“Mayuzumi Chihiro, power… forward, 182 cm, 69 kg… Misdirection….”

“Akashi Seijuro, point guard, 173 cm, 64 kg, emperor eye and…..” Yuko stopped muttering all the stats of the starting player of Rakuzan. Seijuro smirked to himself, knowing he has found a useful person to the team. The red headed male then put a blanket on Yuko. He then decided to read a book.

“X is equal to 6!” Yuko exclaimed and she was now up she looked up the clock and saw it was already 5 p.m. She looked at Seijuro who was now the one asleep.

----Yuko’s P.O.V----

I looked at Seijuro who was now peacefully sleeping. I sat beside him and saw a book, about the Science and Arts of Ruling a Nation. This made me chuckle a bit, he was still studying that. I then went in front of him and observe him. His fringe is still long like when we were kids. But something made me frown. His shoulders are tensed like he was carrying a heavy burden. I lightly brushed his fringe away from his forehead as to not wake him up. I retrieve my hand back to my side. I look at him once more; he had an aura of… an emperor, but a lonely emperor. I felt something roll over my cheeks.

“Sorry Seijuro.” I muttered as I rubbed my eyes to prevent the tears from falling down. I stood up and walk out of the room.

---- 3rd person’s P.O.V----

Unknown to Yuko, Seijuro woke up when she brushed his fringe. Seijuro stared at the door with a calm expression. He saw her tears. He heard her apologize. He felt his chest tightened, it was an unusual feeling for him. Was he having an affectionate side for her? Seijuro brushed it off and stood up walking towards the kitchen. When he arrived at the kitchen he saw Yuko was wearing an apron over her, well his plain white shirt which was quite loose and cycling shorts.

“Good morning, Juro-kun!” She greeted even though it was evening. She continued cooking while the maids were setting up the table. After she finished cooking they went to the dining table. “Itadakimasu.” They muttered in unison. They ate in silence for a while.

“Is your father coming home?” Yuko asked but Seijuro shook his head signaling a No. It became silent again. Unknown to Yuko, Seijuro was admiring the tofu soup she made. It reminded him of how her mother would cook it.

“Don’t forget I’m treating you tomorrow so don’t even think about oversleeping.” Seijuro said then left after finishing his meal.