[EP. 21] Promise

(✧≖‿ゝ≖)

[Yuko's P.O.V]

"W-w-wait Juro-ku--" I tried to call him but the door already closed. I ruffled my hair harshly. Okaa-san must have visited that's why Juro-kun knew much. And what favor did okaa-san ask? Ugh great way to ruin things...

I sighed and stood up better explain things to Juro-kun. It's so embarrassing he saw me crying it makes me want to cringe for the rest of the day or probably hide inside a dark hole. What makes it worse I told him a backstory that was not supposed to be mentioned. I facepalmed thinking of all the things I have done.

Grabbing my phone from the nightstand, I hurriedly texted okaa-san...

To: Okaa-san

Meanieee!!! ლ (ಗдಗ。ლ)

I pressed sent and sighed again. I dragged myself out of the room to find Juro-kun's room. I did have depression but that was like a year or 2 years ago. What would my parents know they weren't always with me. And the wounds on my legs were from different reasons.

I noticed a door beside me. It feels different from other rooms maybe this is Juro-kun's room?

I opened the room and saw a fire place, sofa and it has a huge space where I could probably do a cartwheel. This house is too big and I'm tired of walking. I decided to sit in front of the fire place and rest for a while.

Tilting my head upwards I saw a portrait of a woman with gentle features and red hair. I smiled a bit at the portrait; it was Juro-kun's mom.

"I still have to fulfill the promise." I started talking to the portrait. If a person ever comes in here right now they might think I'm crazy.

I lift the necklace from my neck. It is something to signify my promise to Juro-kun's mother. And I think along those lines she said something was to be opened like a box or something.

"Arghh! It's so hard to keep the promise of keeping Juro-kun from turning into a boy who is like a strict old man or more likely his father's scary side cause he already is!" I ruffled my hair harshly again. By now my hair is probably a mess but who cares.

What was the promise again? I close my eyes still planted on the floor trying to remember the exact words his mother said.

"Yu-chan please take care of Sei... And also please help him especially when he turns into a person who thinks that he could do anything alone. Seijuro has a lot of insecurities so you better cheer him up when he feels down."

I opened my eyes again and finally remembered the words that I didn't understand before. I stood up and look at the picture again.

"Thank you for helping me remember Shiori-san~" I smiled and went out of the room. I roamed around the mansion again until I saw a helper.

"Misako-san, have you seen Juro-kun?"

"Ah, if you are looking for bocchan he went out." She answered. Eeeh that's quite troublesome if I look for him outside.

"Oh, and Yuko-chan here are your clothes." I took the clothes from her and bowed as a thank you. I went back to the room from where I slept.

It's better to go home I guess... I might be troubling the people here. Well better start changing to my clothes.

After changing I went down and said to the maids that I'll be going home thought they insisted that I should stay but I declined.

I am almost near the front door when my phone rang. I immediately answered it thinking it might be okaa-san.

"Hello..."

"Yuko." I heard a deep voice from the other line. I gulped knowing who this is and by the sound of his voice it seems like there's something wrong.

"I received information that you are failing most of your tests, is that true?" My father asked. I felt a shiver ran down from my spine. Clearly he was not in a good mood.

"I-uh..." I clutched the phone harder it's getting harder to speak. My throat feels heavy...

"If you have been slacking off I will not hesitate to bring you back here in America. You better have a good performance in school since you are the heir to the company." My father said emphasizing you... That's right ever since nii-chan... I am now supposed to...take his responsibilities.

I looked down and smiled sadly. There was only one answer I can say, "Yes... father." The call was ended and I took a step outside. I noticed that Juro-kun was in front of me.

[Third P.O.V]

"I'll be going now..." Yuko told Akashi and left. Akashi was about to call her but stopped. He noticed that her eyes were dark and her head was cast down.

Akashi just stared as she disappeared completely from his vision. Whatever that phone call was about Akashi knew it wasn't good.