[EP 22] Not Allowed

After Yuko left Akashi's house, the next time Akashi saw Yuko was at Rakuzan though few words were exchange, like small greetings and the orange haired girl would walk away from Akashi without saying any other word, which seemed odd to Akashi. And more that he didn't exactly know how the girl thinks.

The whole week was like that, and somehow Akashi felt annoyed at her lack of presence. Some would say lonely but that is something he will never ever thought of or admit.

Exams were near also making Akashi busier but what surprised him most and most of their classmate, Yuko, the girl who sleeps during class was actually reading a textbook.

And this kept on till the winter cup preliminaries, with Akashi and Yuko not having a proper conversation since the events in Akashi's house.

*************************************

"Achoo!" Yuko sneezed and wrapped herself in a scarf. She walked to the bulletin board where most students crowd. She sighed and looked at the test results and rankings. Naturally Akashi came first though she admits that the exams were a breeze and she studied just to be sure she got a high grade so that her father would be out of her tail.

Starting from the bottom, orange eyes scan through the whole list of ranks and scores. At 90th place Yuko saw a familiar.

"Waaah! Yuko-chan I'm so sad." A girl with brown hair glomped Yuko.

"It's okay Itsuka-san. You can do better next time." Yuko patted Itsuka's head. The two of them got along well despite Itsuka's confession which the orange girl really had no idea what it meant and assumed that it was friendly.

The two started looking for Yuko's name again through the whole list with Itsuka still clinging onto her arm. After a minute they saw another familiar name 'Mizushima Shin' in 10th place.

"Damn I didn't know Shin is smart like heck!" Itsuka pouted for the guy having a higher grade than her. Yuko sighed again feeling tired from searching and thinking that she might have missed it. The area seemed to become noisier by the minute and Yuko felt stares directed towards the two of them.

"Itsuka-san, why are people looking at you?" Yuko whispered to the girl beside her. She shrugged her shoulders not really caring.