Chaper 9

Next day - North Carolina
Unknown POV (its obvious though)

She can change how she looks all she wants but she doesn't want surgery so that benefits me greatly. She thought she could fool me with her death and it worked for a time until one of my guys noticed her. She though that by being close to wear I was I would not find her.

She first ran to California trying to get far away. When that didn't work she tried to go to Italy. But I was able to keep her from leaving the country. Then she tried all the old witnesses protection tricks but I have people that work with them so not hard to get her there. Then she faked her death. She was clever, very clever. It almost killed her too. She slowed her heart for the death to be announced. She was even in the casket at the funeral. Apparently she had an ice bath before hand and again slowed her heart down.

Turns out that's why she wanted to be cremated. I throw the urn, that I thought held her ashes, against the wall. Lies all lies. She is mine and I will get her back. I will have her and no one else will.

I get my guys ready and go to her apartment. It's time to find my girl.

Liam's POV

I wake up to my phone going off. There is only one reason for this and that's a security breach. I grab my phone and wake up Sam. "What happened!" I say trying to stay calm. "Sir, it's the girls apartment. We noticed interest in it yesterday and decided to clean it out and make it look like she is gone. We got everything to a secret storage unit that is under a fake company of yours." My right hand man tells me. Being in security the government allows us to do this. We also assist with witnesses protection and employ a lot of people that need protection. For a case like our girl's we have a town that is off the map and seems like it is a military base but it is actually an extremely secure town that allows the victims to have security with normality. If things get bad and this island is found then that is where we will send her until he is felt with. Her ex has resources but we have more.

"Thanks for doing that. Send us the video feed from when the activity started and keep us informed. And have some analysis get everything they have on the one behind this we don't want to get surprised if it is someone we don't expect." I tell him. "Yes sir" he says and hangs up.

Sam and I are standing in our office because it is 4am here. He was trying to get her before she went to work. We had a double living there this girl is a master of looking like the target and also a highly trained assassin. She could have taken them but we don't risk her. We sometimes can take out the threat for our clients and they can go back to their families. That's the main goal. The people in the special town are the target of organized crime.

Sam and I talk and spend the morning reviewing the tapes and talking to our agents. Lisa the assassin told us what she saw and how she acted. Apparently we had the perfect timing because she could have been lost to us.

"Liam, what if we had waited longer?" Sam asks me. I can see the pain in his eyes. "Sam stop those thoughts right now. We didn't wait. We knew there was danger out there for here and we got her. That is all that matters." I tell him. He nods his head and we get back to work.

Christi's POV

I woke up when the phone went off. I heard everything. They didn't realize that I had Hurd them. When Sam said that about getting me a few days later and what the outcome could have been, well I knew that there was only so much Liam could say to him. I put my hand on the door and pause for a bit gathering how I am going to say this.

I walk in and they don't hear the door. I wrap my arms around Sam and pull his chair back to sit in his lap. He doesn't say anything just pulls me down and hugs me like his life depends on it. "Luther is never going to get near me again. I trust that you can protect me. That call proves it now let me help. His name is Luther Jones and he owns LJ security firm. He created it in his hunt to find me. And I think he may be your rival, correct?" I ask. When I say the name they tense.

"I always thought there was something off about him but his military background got him a lot of government access and accounts. The government wanted us to work together on projects but we told them that we wanted all of our intel to be closed and need to know for the safety of our private clients as well as the government ones. We don't mix the safe houses or protocols. And we never let his security teams on our jobs." Liam says trying to let me know more along with reminding Sam to calm him down.

"Who knows about this island?" I ask. "It is need to know and only very high up officials in the Canadian government know that there is a private island here and that we may need to use their shore for emergency evacuation. We also work with the Canadian and Mexican governments and have private clients world wide." Liam says. "Also we have global safe houses along with our private residences." Sam adds finally seeing why we are talking about this.

"You both have many contingency plans and can keep me safe. That's why you had someone pretending to be me. You knew that something might happen and so you did what was needed." I tell them playing with Sam's hair.

I'm in the kitchen now making eggs Benedict because I want them to have a special treat. When it's all ready I call for Liam to get the tray for me so we can eat in their office.

We eat and they see if I recognize anyone. "There right there" I scream. At least I had finished my food already. "That's him and his little lackey. That girl in the car is his slut." I tell them. He tried to get us all together. It started that she was the only friend I was allowed to have and then turned into the both of them doing things to me. It was horrible. I tell them everything that came flooding back. I had forgotten about her, probably because it was always worse when she was there.

"Don't worry little love, we know now to watch out for her too. Funny thing is that she has been trying to get on at our company but the interviews are done by an interrogation specialist along with a psychologist. There where issues with her answers and they thought that it was not truthful. After the last time the name popped up as dead when she was sitting in the office. We realized that she was using a fake name but not if she was the killer." Liam tells me. Looks like the pair are doing more than they used to.

I point out the others I remember from different times and tell them about the interaction. I don't think that any of the lower levels of his group really know what is going on with my case.

The day continues like that and we set about making escape plans for any and all situations we can think of. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

When it's time for bed Sam says "I'm sorry that we didn't have any time for you other than work and planning, but we will make it up to you when things are settled." I look at him like he is crazy. "Are you insane!" I yell at him "you are working your butt of along with your brother and spending goodness knows how much money just to keep me safe so I don't have to run again. And on top of that you listen to my ideas and let me contribute to the planning. This day has been everything I could ask for and I know that we will be stressed because of the situation but we are working together and learning how the others think. I'm not alone in this anymore and you don't know how thankful I am." I tell him crushing his head against my chest. I grab Liam and put his head next to his brothers. I kiss their heads and then get naked and spread. "Now stop thinking and show me how much you love me." They don't hesitate, and I pass out in pleasure.