Chapter 7

The next day - Alaskan island beach Liam's POV

I wake up early like always. Last night I was to worried about her to go into domspace. I know that Sam was in the same boat as me.

After making breakfast and getting her pills ready for her I grab 2 of her shakes from the fridge and bring up the tray for us to have breakfast.

"Has she woken up at all?" I ask Sam in a whisper. "No if I didn't feel her breathing on me I would be more worried. She is not even moving. She didn't even move when I put her on top of me." Sam says with so much concern in his voice. I know he is thinking the same as me. Did we do to much last night? Only she can tell us.

"Sit her on your lap brother." I tell him as I put the tray down. I get one of her shakes and put it in a cup with a straw. "We need her to wake up long enough to drink this and take her pills. She can go back to sleep after." I tell Sam.

"My little love, I need you to wake up." Sam says as he sits her up on his lap. Our baby girl is so beautiful but she is not waking up. "Sweetheart, you need to take your meds then you can sleep more." I tell her gently shaking her shoulder.

"Mmmmm, I don't wanna." She pouts. I look at Sam and see the same relief in his eyes that I know are in mine. "Baby just wake up enough to drink your shake and take your meds and then you can seep." Sam tells her. She is so out of it we don't know if she is processing anything we say.

"Sippy cup" is all she say with a sleep filled voice. It's a good thing that we prepared for her if he went into little mode. I run down and get one and put her shake in it. It's probably for the best so that she doesn't spill with as sleepy as she is.

Giving her her pills and drink she takes them without opening her eyes and starts to drink as she goes back to sleep.

"Brother, what happened?" Sam asks me with tears in his eyes. We look at each other and then it clicks. Sam has his moments where he gets into little space and it's typically the age right before the abuse started, back when he was happy. If that's the case for Sam what has our angel been through.

"Sam remember how we where separate at about 12 years old and sometimes you act about that age and forget how to be big?" I ask him trying not to trigger the bad memories but to help him understand. "Oh no what has she seen in her short little life!" Sam exclaims quietly not wanting to wake her up. "I know brother, she will tell us when she is ready. We need to be strong for her so she knows that she is safe. I am surprised that this has happened so soon. That means she trusts us more than anything. I don't know how far she gets into it but we will just have to see." I tell him.

"You need to eat to, we have to keep up our strength for her." I say moving to his plate. "I don't want to let her go." He says. "It's ok I will feed you while you take care of her brother." Some people may find this weird but we don't care we have a love that is strong and no one can tell us how to express or not express that love.

"Brother I just remembered, when she asked us to do that last night she called us daddies. Maybe that was a sign." I say to Sam. "I think you are right. She does act like me sometimes acting less mature than her age but it's nice and playful. I wonder if her being so mature that her little side is there to balance the stress she deals with." Sam says to me. "I'm sure it is Brother, it's how you deal with it at least but I truly think she is the same. You are both scarred and have been hurt but are both so very strong. Sometimes I think you are more mature than I am, you just don't like to act on it." I tell Sam while stroking his hair.