Chapter 1

July 2015 - Sunny and hot - Central North Carolina

Im sitting outside work when a man I don't know walks over to me. "Excuse me do you have a light?" He asks with a bit of an accent. "Yeah here you go. You are lucky that thing hangs out in my black hole of a purse." I laugh. "Are you from the UK?" "I'm from Stratford-upon-Avon. Have you heard of it?" He smirks. "That's where Shakespeare is from right?" I say hoping I'm right. "this guy is hot' I say in my head. "Well someone knows their literary writers." he responds. We laugh at my nerdiness. "I bet you can't guess the major famous person from my birthplace." I tell him. "Let me try where are you from beautiful?" He asks me. "Corpus Christi" I tell him smugly. "Um yeah, never heard of it" he says kinda sad he couldn't answer. "It's ok it's the last town on the big maps before Mexico. It's in Texas and Selena is the singer from there. We have a statute and everything." I tell him with pride. "Well sounds like an awesome place. So I was wondering if I could get your number and take you out sometime?"

I stare at him "hot Brit say what?!?" "I asked for your number and a date. That is if you are single of course." He says getting worried. "Yeah single and why me" I say still stunned. "Because I have never seen anyone so beautiful, love" he says in that oh so sexy accent. Oh shit um.... What do I say to that?!? "What's your name?" I ask trying to change the subject. "My name is Sam, love. And what's your name beautiful?" "What if I don't want to tell you?" I say back trying to get out of telling him. I'm not good with men I don't know. "Oh you'll tell me love. I always get what I want."he says back. Well someone's cocky. I may just need to teach him a lesson. "Well you won't get me!" He grabs my phone and called his number. "Hey why did you do that!" I yell. "I had to get your number somehow love. I think I'll just call you beautiful, how about that?" he says smirking. "Well I got to go in to work bye" I say as I leave. "Catch you later beautiful." He says as I walk away. I just scoff at him and head into work. Good thing that we have to use key cards to get in.

The day goes by quickly and boring but my co-workers are really nice and always ask me how I am. I tell them "better than yesterday! Slowly getting better! thanks for asking." I have been really sick lately and it is making it hard to work. Best employer ever though they are giving me the time i need off and helping me keep the stress down as I get all the tests done to find out what is wrong. I work at a call center and I love helping people.

Later that day I leave work and there is a car blocking mine. "What the hell is going on here!?" I yell at it "move some of us wanna get outa here!" I say laughing. I'm not really a bitch I just like to joke around. "My beautiful Christi you thought you could hide from me. Well you can't now give your keys to Glen and get in my car I'm taking you out on a date and I'm not taking no for an answer." Sam tells me standing at the back of the mystery car. Well now I'm fucked. "Get the hell away before I call the cops. You might be sexy but you are also insane." I yell at him starting to freak out. I run back into work or try to when I get grabbed from behind and restrained. "Let me go help!" I yell to some coworkers walking by. One of them tries to help when a cop pulls up. "Ma'm stop struggling and go with him you are making a scene." The cop says calmly.

What the fuck.

"Hey Sam I don't know why you want her but you always did like the feisty ones." The cop laughs at Sam. "Hell no help someone help me!" I scream as he tries to put me in the car. Good thing it's a car and not a van. I try to grab on the sides and struggle to avoid getting in. I know when that happens I'm done for. "Beauty I don't want to hurt so I'm sorry that I have to do this." I hear Sam say quietly as I feel a pinch on my butt. "What noooo" I yell I fight it for a few minutes before it fully hits my blood stream and I start to go limp. "That's better love now let's get you comfortable." He says.

I realize that I can only move my eyes. Whatever it is is a paralytic and not a sedative like I thought it would be. I just stare at him wondering why. "I'm sure you are curious about the drug I used. It's a mild paralytic. I didn't want to harm you or frighten you so there is some Xanax mixed in too so you can stay calm. I want to talk to you and calm your fears. I don't want you waking up in a strange place and freak out. I know someone did something to you and that you almost had a panic attack just now." Wow, this is different. He goes on to explain how he used my number and found out who I am and that I was in a bad relationship and don't date and that he really does want to treat me right, and how I just need to keep an open mind and get to know him. He took care of work for me so I have 3 months off and in that time he wants me to go on a trip with him and give him a chance. "Blink once for yes." He tells me when he is done. I just stare at his smirk. "You have to blink sometime love" he tells me. So I wink one eye and then the other to show I don't have to. He just laughs. "Please baby girl just let me help you." He tells me with an honest face that makes my heart melt. I blink. "Really baby girl do you mean it" he asks with so much hope. I realize I can nod my head now, so I do. I'm starting to get feeling back now. "Thanks baby girl we are almost at the airport I want this to be a surprise so I'm going to help you sleep, ok? don't worry I won't do anything but move you." I know in my mind I want to freak out but I can't, stupid Xanax. He gives me another shot as I see a private air field come into sight. The last thing I see is the car stopping before a massive private jet.