Rosemarie Smith

Sunlight streamed bright through Rosemarie's window. She woke up and shielded her eyes from the light until they adjusted. She got out of bed and walked over to the window. Rosemarie was greeted by beauty.

The sun dominated the sky, not a single cloud in sight. The sky was a beautiful blue with birds flying across it. Rosemarie glanced down, and saw the garden at the front yard. Red roses surrounded the manor, with small white buds peeking from in between each individual flower. The water fountain up front was in the perfect spot. The sunlight hit the water, casting a magnificent rainbow above the fountainhead. 

Rosemarie let out a sigh. 'How wonderful.'

She freshened up and walked down the stairs, greeting her mother and father, then joining her little sisters playing tic-tac-toe at the table.

"Good morning, Scarlett. Orabelle." 

Two happily glowing faces looked up from the paper marked with Xs and Os, their smiles growing wide when they saw their older sister standing before them.

"Sister!" The two sprang to their feet and ran over to Rosemarie, enveloping her in a tight hug.

"C-Can't breea-the," was all Rosemarie managed to get out. Luckily, they didn't need to be told twice. They let go of her and took a few steps back.

"Sorry!" They said in unison, walking back to their unfinished game. 

Rosemarie smiled warmly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rosemarie walked into her bedroom after eating breakfast, feeling quite bored.

'What now?' 

She walked over to her bed and sat on the edge. Memories of the first few weeks at Weston swarmed her head. One particular moment stood out to her, though. Rosemarie's first meeting with Joanne Harcourt.

She laid back against her pillow and smiled at the thought of that amusing encounter.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*         *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Rosemarie was walking into the Scarlett Fox dorm. She smiled at how elegant and glamorous everything was. Joanne Harcourt was leading her to the girls' half of the dorm. Rosemarie looked concerned after all the girls walked into their rooms. Joanne had a huge blush on his face, but she couldn't seem to figure out why.

"Joanne?" Rosemarie asked. Her voice was so sweet, even when it was laced with worry.

"Y-Yes, R-Rosem-marie?" Joanne was blushing even harder at the sight of Rosemarie's full attention on him, and it didn't help that he had stuttered. She was just so pretty. Did Rosemarie realize this? Absolutely. Not.

"Are you feeling alright? You're sweating. Your cheeks are turning red, too." Joanne hadn't even noticed he was blushing so hard. 

'She must know for sure, now! Joanne, you're screwed!" He thought to himself.

Rosemarie leaned closer to Joanne, making him panic. The poor boy thought he might die right then and there. She lifted her hand and felt his forehead. She took back he hand and looked at him.

"Hmm. Not a fever. You should cool down a bit, maybe you're just feeling hot. Although . . . it is winter . . ." Rosemarie said.

Joanne quickly thought of something to say. "Um. Uhhum . . ." Joanne stuttered. For a second, he thought of just telling Rosemarie that he already had a crush on her. It wouldn't be weird, right? He had met her five minutes ago, that's plenty of time to get to know a person! Right?

His chance slipped away when Rosemarie looked over at the giant wall clock. "Oh my, look at the time! I must see to my unpacking now if I want to get to dinner on time. Well, I'll see you in a little bit, Joanne. I do hope you cool down. Temperature changes often signal a fever." 

Joanne was amazed. She really hadn't realized he was blushing because of her? 

"Aha, y-yes. Will do. I-I'll see you in a bit." He was happy he managed to get that much out of him. He watched her as she waved to him and walked into her room, shutting the door behind her.

He sprinted over to his room, rushing to shut the door. As soon as he locked the door, Joanne let out a long, heavy sigh.

'She doesn't know. She doesn't know. This is great! Haha!' Joanne ran around his room, thinking that Rosemarie had no clue that he had a crush on her. It brought him joy that he hadn't already exposed himself after, what, eight minutes?

He landed on his bed and sighed again. He stared at the ceiling looking love struck, as if the ceiling itself was Rosemarie.

Oh, Joanne and no idea just how wrong he was. Rosemarie knew all too well what was really going on.