Cecily Johnson

A book lay open on Cecily's bed when she entered her bedchamber, calling her to take in its words. Cecily strolled over to her bed and picked up the book, jumping onto the soft mattress in the process.

Cecily had just eaten breakfast with her family. Her 8 year old sister, Emilia, was a real sweetheart. But she could become a little devil real quick. Then there was her 9 year old brother Hugo, who was a just plain evil. There was no sweet side to him when it came to Cecily. It was like Hugo's main purpose in life was to annoy Cecily out of her mind. Cecily turned to books in order to get away from her rascal siblings, and to try and forget that no one notices her at school. That she's viewed as a typical and unimportant nerd.

For this reason, Cecily was happy to be in the peaceful void that was her bedroom. Cecily looked at the book, then started to carefully scan the words, savoring the feeling of paper in between her fingers every time she turned a page. 

-Time Skip-

It had been an hour and Cecily had already finished her book. Cecily got out of bed and approached her small bookshelf, searching for the correct spot for her book. Once she found it, she slipped the book into the gap she had made for it with her fingers. She was walking over to her bed, when she suddenly stopped.

'Clayton . . .' She thought. Memories of when she had first met Clayton came back to her mind.

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

It was the first dinner they had at Weston College, and Cecily was assigned to sit with her fellow fags, who were also her friends. They all sat at the same table, the Weston fags sitting next to them. They were having their own conversations, but the girls would laugh so hard.

Devin was the one talking. She was the funny and ridiculous entertainer. They were talking about embarrassing moments from middle school, and it was Devin's turn to share. Chantel was laughing the whole time, since she remembered the stories from when she attended with Devin. She was talking about the time when their physical education teacher found out who she had a crush on.

"Yeah, I remember when my P.E. teacher Mrs. Williams found out that I liked Noah. It was a short class period that day, so we just got to sit around and chat. Thea and Bethany sat next to me and we started talking. Then they started asking about who I liked, and how they knew it was someone in that class. Chantel.

Chantel looked up from her plate with wide and confused eyes. "What? What did I do?"

Devin glared at her. "Bethany said that you told them I liked someone in that class. Did you?" Rosemarie started giggling, and Cecily looked over at Chantel, who had a goofy grin on her face.

"No! I. Did. Not." Devin leaned in closer to Chantel's face. 

"Look me in the eye and tell me. Chantel Leclair. Did you or did you not tell Thea and Bethany?" Chantel kept a straight face as she looked into Devin's eyes. Truth was she didn't say anything, but there was just something about the way Devin was interrogating her that made her laugh.

"No. I did no-" Chantel burst out laughing, and Rosemarie joined in. Cecily had a big smile on her face and was trying not to laugh. Devin nodded her head at Chantel in satisfaction.

"Mmhm. Mmhm." Chantel looked up after she finished laughing. "No. Seriously Devin. I said nothing." Devin looked over at Cecily and Rosemarie. 

"Did you guys say anything? Rose? Cecily?" The two shook their heads.

"I honestly think they lied to you, just so that you'd eventually tell them." Cecily nodded in agreement. "Do you remember when you didn't tell them in our AVID class? They got so mad at you. Then they started shooting you dirty looks. They were probably being petty."

Devin nodded. "Probably. Well, now that that's out of the way, let's continue. So. I told them I didn't know what they were talking about, but then they starting saying the names of every boy in the classroom. Loudly, too. So then I told them to shut the fuck up and then I told them." Rosemarie shook her head.

"Bad move. They're never going to let go of it, that you like Noah. They're going to bring it up at the wrong times." Devin smiled.

"Yeah. They did just that. When they found out liked Noah, they started yelling his name out. They kept going . . ." Devin took a moment to make herself look like them. Devin made her eyes go wide with a clueless expression.

"They kept saying 'NOAH?!'" Cecily jolted backwards, and Chantel laughed. Rosemarie shot Devin a playful dirty look. Edward and the Weston fags heard Devin, and they started to look and laugh in her direction. Devin laughed too, but then carried on.

"I freaked out and told them to quiet down, but then Mrs. Williams came out of nowhere! She looked at me and said, 'Wait, who do you like?' I told her that I didn't like anyone, but then freaking Thea decided to tell her that I liked Noah. Then, get this. She said, 'Ohhhh, I see. You like those boys.'"

Cecily started to laugh so hard, and Chantel nearly choked on her food. Rosemarie was laughing so hard her stomach hurt. Devin laughed, too. 

"Did she think you liked those girls?" Cecily asked, which made them laugh harder. Clayton took a glance at Cecily, then looked away quickly to hide the blush that covered her face. He didn't know Cecily caught him.  

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

Cecily smiled at the memory. She started to laugh to herself. She looked through her bookshelf in search for a mystical read. She picked up a book from her shelf and laid it out on the bed, flipping through the pages. It's cover had attracted her, a sky blue with gold binding. Then her hands stopped skimming the pages. Cecily was surprised at what she saw.

She looked closer at some of the sentences in the book and read them quickly. 

'Clayton did his best to take a quick glance at the beautiful girl sitting next to him. His glance became a stare, and his eyes were unable to pry themselves off of her lips, which had a gap between them as she laughed. Her laughter was like music to Clayton's ears, drawing him to her so easily.'

Cecily read those three lines over and over again, trying to figure out if her eyes were playing tricks on her. They weren't. She put the book down and looked at her bookshelf strangely, as if it had put the book there on purpose.

She picked up the book and quickly shoved it back in its place on the bookshelf. She took a deep breath. 

'What a coincidence!' Cecily thought. 'It was as if the thoughts of him that stayed in the back of my mind had come to life. How strange.' 

Cecily's thoughts were interrupted when she heard her mother call for her. "Cecily! Come down here, please!" Cecily looked at the door. "I'll be right down, mother," she responded.

Cecily took her circular glasses away from the bridge of her Jose and examined them. She started to think of Clayton. 

'Well . . . he is quite handsome . . .' Cecily shook her head. 'This is silly. I shouldn't waste another a minute of my time on ridiculous things.'

Cecily placed her circular glasses back on her nose, walked out of her room, and rushed down the stairs to her mother in the kitchen.

All while trying to get the image of Clayton's handsome features out of her head.