Thorin ~ Accidents 14

Start from the beginning

"Louisa..." Thorin's voice was low as she met his gaze again, his eyes dark and hooded as his thumb gently traced her lip. "I love you."

Her breath caught and for a moment, she's not sure how to react, but once her thoughts catch up, she doesn't get a chance.

Thorin opened the door behind her and she stumbled back, confused and staring at him, but one look at him told her what he was doing.

"I'm sorry." His voice broke as he closed the door and she heard the lock click.

"No!" Louisa hit the door, trying the handle quickly. "Thorin don't!" But Thorin doesn't respond even though she knows he is there, she can feel his indecision. "Thorin, please, please don't leave me here. Let me come with you."

She hears him give a shuddering breath, feels his determination overwhelm everything else, and then feels him move away.

Her cries through the door follow Thorin down the hallway and he had to hurriedly wipe the tears away from his eyes, determined not to let it show to others as he returns to them. They all took one look and knew what he had done, and none of them commented, glad that Louisa was at least out of the way, that she wouldn't come to harm.

Louisa could feel the charge into battle, felt the resolve of the dwarves change as Thorin and the rest joined them, and even before her voice went hoarse from shouting, she lost track of them in amongst everyone else. She paced, distressed, the pain coming through so much clearer now as she thought of every possible solution she could think of.

She felt confused, unsure and her chest felt tight as fear threatened to overwhelm her, occasionally glaring at the door hoping it would magically open.

She froze. "Oh you idiot!"

Barely thinking, Louisa built up her magic and blasted it at the door, which splintered into thousands of pieces and Louisa stepped out.

She was breathing hard now, magic sparking at her fingertips, it was anxious, bordering on uncontrolled, but she wasn't in a mood to currently care, taking off as fast she could down the hall, barely registering a bad feeling that was growing within her chest again.

Louisa almost faltered as she comes out to the battlefield, all the death and pain surrounding her, making her eyes water, but she pushes it away and goes out.

It took the dwarves on the battlefield a little while to realise what was causing orcs to both fly through the air and to flee across the field in terror. Bofur was first to see Louisa though, a light surrounding her that blades couldn't seem to penetrate, her eyes burning with fury, magic blasting from her hands.

The company were quick to join her side.

"Louisa, what are you-"

"Where is Thorin?" She asked loudly, cutting Bofur off. "And Fili, Kili and Dwalin?"

The dwarves share looks.

"Ravenhill." Gloin said quietly. "But trust us lass, you don't won't to go up there."

"I-" Louisa staggered, clutching her stomach, a sharp gasp leaving her as pain that wasn't her own flared through her.

"No," She gasped, tears springing to her eyes. "No!"

Over in the ruins of Dale, Bard was fighting for his life when he felt a spot on his chest heat up, he almost thought that he'd been wounded, but after a quick check he realised that it was coming from the stone that he still had buried under his coat, which was starting to glow, the orcs around him beginning to screech.

Louisa didn't dare fight the torrent of power that rushed through her, didn't dare try to understand the flux of emotions that were causing it.

There was no stopping this.

A scream left her, a scream she couldn't hear, but the dwarves around her had enough time to dive to the ground before a wave of power flew from her, matched only by another that came from Dale.

Gandalf staggered as it hit him and his gaze is instantly drawn to the battlefield.  "Louisa, what have you  done?"

The confusion and fear and pain meant nothing to her now, Louisa walking through, nothing daring to come close, her eyes burning with a bright, white light.

Bilbo was by Thorin's side, his hand in his as Thorin struggled in the last moments of life, the final breath leaving him and Bilbo starts to weep.

His head snaps back up as he catches sight of a glow, familiar to him, but still different, his eyes going wide as he sees Louisa approaching.

Bilbo scrambles to his feet.  "Louisa, I'm sorry, there was nothing I could do!"

Louisa's expression is calm.  "Move aside Bilbo."

"Louisa, are you not-"

"Everything will be okay."  Her voice is different and Bilbo can do naught but stare as she walks past him and kneels beside Thorin.

Carefully, she brushes his hair away from his face before her attention turns to his injuries.

Firmly, one hand rests over the wound in his stomach, the other over his eyes.

"Come back Thorin," Her words were hardly spoken.  "You need to come back."

Louisa's eyes close and Bilbo has to take a step back as a white light surrounds her, Thorin quickly being engulfed too.  By now, the other dwarves and Gandalf had caught up, watching this wide eyes.

"Louisa..." Gandalf's voice was worried and quiet, but all he could do was watch.

The light seemed to grow brighter before two balls seemed to break away, moving off towards the ruins, one towards the base, the other deeper within.

Dwalin was near Fili as the ball hit him, lighting him up too and making Dwalin curse as he's forced to back away from the prince.

Tauriel was cradling Kili and tried to move away from the ball but it was too quick, maybe her cry out as Kili lit up.

Surrounding Thorin and Louisa now, there was only light, everyone cautious, knowing they could not approach.

Then, slowly, it started to fade, dimming down until it was only the hand on his chest that remained.

Thorin drew a shaky first birth, Louisa opening her eyes, the glow still within as she cupped his cheek.

His eyes opened and met hers, the blue surprised for a moment until they softened.  "Louisa..."

Louisa smiled, the light finally dying as her eyes flicker shut and she collapses next to him.