Mist 6

Mist and Boromir hurried after Aragorn and the others, but constant rest was needed, Mist seeming to always be exhausted.

"We must keep going." Boromir insisted, taking her arm as she breathes heavily again.

"I know." She gasped and the frowns out across the land. "There is darkness across these lands, heavy..." She shudders. "It is draining."

Boromir hesitates for a moment. "Would it be easier if I carried you?"

They stare at each other.

"If...if you think that will help." She said quietly. "It would only be for short moments, until I get my strength back."

Boromir nods, and for some time, that was how it was, Boromir would carry Mist on his back until she could go again and then they would be traveling together for a few hours until she had to rest again.

They made an odd pair, but at least they were not stopping now.

They arrived in Edoras at the same time as Aragorn and the others.

Mist was leaning heavily on Boromir as they saw them approach, her face pale and dark lines under her eyes.

She seemed unsurprised to see Gandalf with them.

"I hope you intend to deal with this Gandalf." She said quietly as they met them.

Gandalf mouth twitches with a smile. "Good to see you too Mist."

"I'd say that too, but you're not much more than a bleary outline." She mumbles and winces as if something heavy was weighing down on her.

Boromir grips her tightly as she sinks and looks at the others worriedly. "It has been getting worse the more we've traveled here."

Gandalf nods. "Stay here with her, we will go and sort this out."

They quickly disappeared into the city and Boromir helped Mist down to the ground, leaning against the city wall.

"Are you alright?" He asked, frowning with concern.

Mist's eyes were glowing faintly, not with blue, but with red.

"I'm sure I will be soon enough." She attempts a small smile. "You don't have to start worrying about me just because I saved your life."

His frown deepened. "I worried before that."

"Sure."

But, whatever Gandalf did inside, her eyes cleared and she was suddenly breathing easily.

"Well, that certainly feels better." Mist lets out a sigh and relief and stretches her back.

"What happened?" Boromir asked.

"I don't know. Let's go and find out."

He helps her to her feet and they enter the city together.

They find a crowd gathered, bowing to the King.

"Saruman is no longer poisoning the King." Gandalf explained as they sat down together later. "It was his magic you could feel."

Mist frowns. "A wizards magic normally does not affect me like that Gandalf."

"No, this is true, but I believe because Saruman was using a darker magic, that is why it would affect you so."

Mist frowns at this.

"Do you not remember how you felt against the Balrog?"

She shudders, the memory coming unwillingly.