Bilbo ~ First

This one was a request:  Imagine where Bilbo is surprisingly really good at flirting and it makes the reader really nervous because she likes him a lot and in the end he kisses her and they get together  

Hope you enjoy!

It hadn't been intentional that you'd ended up on the quest, you'd wondered just a little too far from home and next thing you know, Bilbo Baggins had tumbled into you, sending you both crashing hard to the ground.

You knew each other of course but only by name. He was full of apologies as he helped you to your feet, stumbling over words even as you told him it was alright.

You of course asked why he had been in such a hurry and he explained where he was going.

And for some reason or another, scared of trying to find your way home on you own, you decided to go with him.

The dwarves hadn't been overly happy and neither were you once you found out how far you were going. At first, you thought Bilbo shared this view but as the journey continued, you saw his view change, and while you grew fond of the dwarves, it didn't mean you were any less uncomfortable.

One thing that didn't change was that Bilbo looked out for you. It didn't matter the situation, he always put you first.

The first time it happened, you didn't quite realise it, and you just continued on having a normal conversation with him.

The second, you frowned at Bilbo, not understanding, and he ended up making light of it, laughing it off.

Third, you knew there was no mistake as to what he was doing, but you weren't overly sure as to why, or whether even he realised himself as to what he was doing as it seemed so out of character as to what he was normally like.

Bilbo was flirting with you.

With a mix of winks, compliments and bright smiles sent your way, you soon found that you got very flustered around the other hobbit, your face burning furiously at so much of a word directed to you by him.

And he would just laugh it off. "It makes you even more adorable, you have no reason to hide it."

"The state you leave me in, Bilbo Baggins, I truly do wonder if you do it for your own amusement." You said one day, your face already burning.

Bilbo winks. "You do react each time."

You huff and walk away, not wanting to face him and the dwarves with a bright red face.

The dwarves found it all very amusing. While you hadn't lived a sheltered life, being treated in such a way was very strange to you and you weren't sure whether you should be flattered or offended that he was so open about it.

What made it even worse, of course, was that you had a big crush on Bilbo. It hadn't been intentional of course, but you had soon found that you were viewing Bilbo as more than a friend.

And a part of you wondered whether he knew that.

Such thoughts often kept you awake at night, and where listening to others sleep usually gave you comfort, it was becoming something of an annoyance.

You craved time alone.

There were few opportunities to do so, even when you were in areas of relative safety such as Rivendell or Beorn's home.

But as you approached Mirkwood forest, you had finally had enough.

Waiting until the others were asleep, you snuck away, an easy task for a hobbit. You walked until you found a nice secluded little hill, far enough that you could just see the flicker of the fire of camp, and there you sat and looked upon the starry sky.