Thorin ~ Accidents 14

You guys are being spoiled, there's only one more part after this and it's already written.  I'll leave you guessing on when I'll post it though.

The longer the battle went, the worse Louisa felt, but she kept it hidden from the dwarves as much as she could, she didn't want them to worry more than what they already were.

Dwalin had disappeared some time ago, but Louisa knew that he needed to be away, that listening to the battle beyond the wall was near torture to him.

Louisa flinched a little, the pain echoing through her and making her stand, agitated. She had never thought that her magic could do this, could overwhelm her so that she would feel inflections of every blow, feel the murmurs of every life stopped.

Every step felt heavy, felt like she was going to collapse under the weight of it all. There was nothing she could do and before she realised it, she was crying.

The others didn't know what to do about it, as she waved any of them off that tried to offer comfort, but it seemed too short a time that her legs gave out.

Louisa expected to hit the floor, to not be able to get back up, but a pair of hands caught her and clarity flooded her.

Clarity filled with sorrow, regret and care.

With shining eyes, she looked almost in disbelief at Thorin, making him give a small smile, his eyes clear.

"Thorin." She gasped, knowing that he had pulled himself out, she threw her arms around him, lettting the tears come as he held her close.

"Louisa," He said quietly and then placed his hand in hers. "Come with me."

Louisa let herself be led away, hardly paying attention to the worried glances behind her, her focus moving entirely to Thorin, which helped her come back to herself.

"Thorin," Her voice croaked, her hand squeezing his. "What-what happened?"

"I broke free." He said softly. "And I am so sorry Louisa."

This brought on new tears. "It wasn't you. You weren't well."

"It does not excuse me." He said. "Especially...especially to you."

She stopped, making him stop too. "Thorin, you cannot go out there blaming yourself like this, I will not let you."

Louisa could feel his heart breaking as he stepped back to her, holding her gaze as he cupped her cheek. "Gimlelul..."

"Thorin," Her voice went quiet, unsure, for once, being unsure of whay was going through him. "Talk to me. Please."

"I can't..." Thorin sighs, placing his other hand on her cheek before resting his forehead against hers and Louisa shudders, the emotion so clear that she doesn't know how to respond.

Louisa presses her hands on his. "Why?"

"Because it would kill me." He said, brushing her tears away. "With what I have to do, it would kill me."

"Thorin-"

He cuts her off, pressing his lips to hers, Louisa gasping a little at the sudden rush of emotions and feeling, before her eyes flutter closed and she gives herself over to it.

For a long moment, it becomes just the two of them, the world around them drowned out, Louisa holding onto Thorin tightly, keeping herself as grounded as she could, but the battle vanished from her mind, warmth filling her,

Thorin gives a low groan, backing her into a door in the hallway that they were in, dominating the kiss more intensely as he held her tightly.

Louisa whimpered and Thorin broke away, resting against her forehead again as they both took a moment to breath.