chapter thirty-one; having a realization, take 3

( rip my updates are so unorganized. lee know? i.n? han? who dat who dat who dat boi?)

Hyejin grumbled and led Felix to the guest room. She didn't want to anger her uncle since he was just released from the hospital. Worst of all, her uncle seemed to favor Felix.

"You live literally RIGHT NEXT to us!" Hyejin whined.

"Oh well," Felix shrugged. "Your uncle doesn't seem to know or care."

For dinner, her uncle made them cream pasta, which Felix had always loved. Felix and her uncle were chatting about how things changed— which only old people would talk about and Hyejin knew Felix was bored so she made an excuse and told her uncle that they had some online homework. Her uncle is a perfectionist and early bird. He doesn't procrastinate so he gave Hyejin a scolding and Felix giggled.

"Shut up you moldy foot!" Hyejin whispered at Felix as they walked up the stairs. "I saved you from that stupid conversation."

"Thanks," he laughed. "It was so boring."

Hyejin grabbed her bedroom doorknob and Felix stood beside her. "Why are you still here? The guest room is over there." She pointed to the left.

"I wanna see how your room looks like."

Hyejin sighed and threw her hands in the air. "Fine!" She opened her door. Her room is pretty simple with cute plushies and aesthetic decorations.

"Is that Jeongin?" Felix pointed at a photograph of Jeongin and Hyejin taped on the wall with a bunch of other pictures.

"Yeah! We got some spicy rice cakes that day 🤤. Too bad the shop closed before I could introduce it to you."

"When did you take this picture with Jisung?"

"You jealous?"

"Yes." Felix pouted and Hyejin blushed. He's so cute! Please stop.

An hour later, long after Felix left to take a shower, Hyejin was watching idol survival shows on her laptop. Hyejin finally decided to sleep and she shut her laptop and charged it.

"Hyejin, where's the hair dryer?" A voice said. Hyejin was alarmed.

She realized it was Felix, because, who else could sound like that? A unique, soothing, deep voice that could also melt your heart. "A-ah, I'll go get it.. It's in the drawer." She peeked at Felix when he wasn't looking. His back faced her and water was dripping from his perfectly messy hair. She handed the hair dryer to Felix while trying her best not to make any eye contact.

"Thanks."

Hyejin nodded and twirled her hair. She heard a chuckle from Felix. "What?"

"You still do that."

"Do what?"

"Twirling your hair. You did that a lot when you were small." Felix said in his deep voice.

Hyejin shrugged. "I don't remember."

-

It was pretty late at night and Hyejin had already drifted off to sleep.

Creeeaaaaak

Hyejin opened her eyes as she heard creaks and foot steps. Then her door opened. She pulled her blanket over her head. Is this really happening? Am I going to die? She prayed that the trespasser wouldn't kill her or harm her. There was a long silence. Hyejin finally built up the courage to peek from her blanket. There was no one in sight. She pulled her blanket off and her heart almost dropped.

"Oh my god! Lee Felix! You scared me! It's past midnight! What are you doing here?"

Felix had a pillow in one arm and a blanket in another. Hyejin could faintly see his face growing red in the dark. "I... can't sleep alone." He confessed. Hyejin bursted into quiet laughter when she heard that from him. He looks so tough with his charismatic looks and deep voice, but he's just a precious and cute baby on the inside.

There was a couch next to Hyejin's bed and she pointed to it while laughing. "You can sleep there because I feel nice." Felix sulked after admitting that embarrassing fact about him and laid on the soft couch with a blanket over him.

"I love you." Felix caught Hyejin 100% off guard at that comment. She didn't know what to say. "Ten days. I'll give you ten days to answer. A yes or a no. After ten days... I don't know what will happen. The future is unpredictable. Tell me before it's too late. Please."

Hyejin didn't reply and pretended to be asleep. What's going to happen after ten days? Will you leave me? I love you too, but I'm still afraid of us. A fear I can't overcome...

-

(One week ago)

"FELIX! Guess what!?" Changbin screamed excitedly.

"Uh... what?"

Changbin started jumping up and down. "We got... ACCEPTED TO JYP ENTERTAINMENT!" Felix was honestly so surprised. Several different feelings hit him all at once. Happiness. Confusion. Sadness. Astonishment. "We're TRAINEES!" He shrieked.

"Not until we accept the offer though." Jeongin intervened.

"Who wouldn't accept the offer? We auditioned for that purpose after all." Changbin said as a matter of factly. "Right, Felix?"

"R-right.."