chapter three; i hope it reaches the sky

(A/N: I'm not sure where the story is going rn. I'm not sure how to continueeeee~)

"Hyejin! You didn't wash the dishes!" Her cousin yelled from the kitchen.

"Why can't you wash them yourself..?" Hyejin mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. I'll do it after I find my shoes." Hyejin replied.

"No. Do it right now! Seeing these dishes pile up makes me disgusted." Her cousin demanded.

"Just like whenever I see your face." Hyejin said quietly, making sure her cousin didn't hear her.

The day couldn't get any worse. School started today. They had moved in a few days ago because her twenty-year old cousin was scared that thieves might break into her previous home and murder her. She had to transfer to another school near where she used to live. They weren't poor, but after her uncle had been told to stay in the hospital and a thief broke in, they've lost an enormous amount of money.

"Hyejin-ah! Let's walk to school together." It was Jeongin, whom she had met when she moved in. She smiled because Jeongin was the only happy and cheerful person around here that she knew of.

"Alright :)"

"When is your birthday?" Jeongin suddenly asked.

"December 25, 2000. Why?"

"I just wanted to compare. Your's is on Christmas!!!"

What a precious cinnamon roll, she thought. "Haha, I'm aware of that."

"What do your parents get you? Do they say, 'This is your birthday and Christmas present'???"

"Well.. My parents passed away due to a car accident when I was six years old.."

Jeongin looked mortified. "I'm so sorry for asking...."

"Aw, it's alright. Anyways, when's your birthday?"

"February 8."

"What?? You're older than me??"

"...2001."

"...Oh." Hyejin laughed.

They arrived at school and waved goodbye at each other.

"Class.. second to last row.. by the window-- OUCH!" Hyejin rubbed her head and looked up, completely embarrassed. She had knocked her seat over, along with a boy. "I'm so sorry.. Are you alright?"

"People tell me this kind of suffering
Is just a passing storm
That if I want to succeed, even though I'm afraid
I need to set up a trap called failure
As I bit on the bait that is pain
I'm wandering
As I put away my tired wings of passion "

[hellevator]

-stray kids

Felix shoved the letter back inside the envelope.

"Hey.. What's that letter about? You're smiling. Is it from your girlfriend?" Yeseul asked.

Felix hadn't even realized he was smiling. Ugh, I must've looked like a creep, he thought. "No.. It's just some letter from my club." He lied. The girl gave him a 'who-the-fuck-are-you-kidding' look and brought back her attention on her magazine. Crap.. I'm so dumb.. Clubs didn't even start yet..

Felix was about to take out his phone until a chair pushed his desk back and he fell from his chair. "Owww.."

"I'm so sorry.. Are you alright?" A girl asked.

Do I look alright?? He thought.