chapter twenty-one; these mixed feelings with my life on the line

CHAEYEON'S STORY:

"Chaeyeon?" Hyejin called, when she entered their house. The entire house was cold, silent, and dark. She went upstairs and the shower was on in the bathroom, so she assumed that Chaeyeon was home and she was taking a shower. Hyejin didn't mean to be nosy but something caught her attention. Chaeyeon's bedroom door was open, with a pastel pink box. The colors didn't really suit Chaeyeon.. She went inside and quietly opened the box. There was a picture frame with Chaeyeon and Chaeyeon's parents. She looked like she was around ten years old and she was holding her parents' hands and she was smiling brightly with a cute pastel pink dress. Her cheeks were rosy red and she had sandals with flower prints on them. She must've had this box a long time ago.. There was also a family photo album. Something that caught her eye was Chaeyeon's diary.

May 16
Hi. My friend, Hyunjin gave me this butterfly hair clip and my mom bought me this cute diary for my birthday (which is today) and I love it so much!❤️
My dad also bought me this pink dress!!! This is my favorite birthday ever!!!!:)

June 26
School ended! This boy in my class told me he likes me... I don't know how I feel!

July 04
I went to see fireworks with Hyunjin and my parents!........
Hyunjin told me he likes me.. and kissed my forehead o///o

July 05
I don't know how I feel..

July 18
We were supposed to go on a trip to Hawaii... but mommy said there's a storm and we can't go...
But I asked dad after mommy left to go somewhere and he said it's because of work issues..

July 20
Mommy got me a tutor.. but my grades are all fine..

July 25
My tutor is a nice person and she gave me tasty snacks.

July 28
I like going on walks with Hyunjin. It's relaxing. But today, my heart keeps beating. He asked me what was wrong.. but I don't know..

August 01
I'm bored.

August 02
After my mom kisses me and says goodnight, and after she leaves my room.. she heads out for a while.

August 02
I can't sleep.

August 03
I like Hyunjin

August 05
I told Hyunjin I liked him. He gave me his biggest smile ever and said we could date once we get older. That made my day better!

August 22
My mommy and daddy are arguing! What should I do..?

August 23
My daddy said it's because he's stressed..

August 25
They fought again..

August 26
And again..

September 29
I forgot to update this diary. I just don't feel like doing anything anymore.

October 01
My mom said that she hates my dad

October 02
I have a big test tomorrow but I can't fall asleep because they keep yelling..

October 03
My mom wants a divorce with my dad and left the house after screaming at him. He collapsed shortly after. I went to the hospital with him.

October 05
Her eyes are red with anger. Only anger. I got a 80 on my test. My parents were disappointed.
I'm crying.. and my tutor is comforting me.