chapter twenty-six; even if the moon greets me

The rain stopped pouring. The clouds were gone and the dark sky became bright. Felix and Yuna were at the mall. After eating some brownies, Felix asked Yuna if they could go to the mall together because he wanted to hang out.

Yuna was astonished at how beautiful the necklace was. "Who is this for? It's so beautiful!"

"My friend. This is similar to her mother's so.." His voice drifted off.

"You are so considerate! She would love it."

Felix gave a half-hearted smile. I'm not sure.. maybe it would remind her about the past..

"Ooh! Let's go to that burger place! I heard it's really good and it opened recently." Yuna exclaimed.

"Sure."

"Oh! It's the young boy," a lady that seemed to be in her early twenties told a man that seemed to be around the same age as her.

"Ah! Felix! Why didn't you come with your other friend today?"

"She's busy.."

"Anyways! I told you I would treat you the next time you come here. So I'll get you guys the regular?"

Felix looked at Yuna and she nodded in agreement. "Okay.." He told him.

When they took a seat at one of the tables, Yuna nonchalantly asked if the friend the man mentioned was the girl Felix was giving the necklace to, and in response, Felix nodded his head. After they finished their burgers, Felix bought some French fries with extra salt and they were on their way to the bus stop right outside the mall.

Yuna laughed. "You sure like French fries!"

"Ah.. no.. it's for my friend.."

"Lemme guess, is it the necklace girl?" She said, as they got off from the escalator and headed out the door.

"Uhh yeah lol. About my answer-"

Yuna stopped walking when they were a few feet from the bus stop. "Well.. I think that's enough for today. I think I should stop." Felix tilted his head a bit, confused. "To you, she's more than a friend, right? And to me, you're more than a friend. But I should stop imaging things and wondering how it would be like if we were together." She paused and looked at the bright blue sky. "I love you.. or I loved you. I'm not sure if I really do love the person you are right now or the little boy you were before. I should've put more thought, knowing that years flew by and you would've changed or started liking someone." She took a deep breath.

"you were my first love
and now that i think of it
you were a chapter in my life
that i would love to read again

so thank you for that."
(serendipity- acciopositivitae)

Yuna walked to the doors of the bus. Before she headed in, she looked back at him. "You should totally confess. I'll be rooting for you." She gave him one last breathtaking smile and her eyes were sparkling. Felix smiled back.

you're an important chapter in my life, too.
we had different feelings toward one another
but despite that,
you continue to support me.
i learned from you,
that i should try
and never lose hope.
i learned from you,
that no matter the outcome,
i should be satisfied
of the fact
that i still tried.
thank you.

i am still young.
i can be greedy sometimes.
so i just want to enjoy my life
right now
and
do what i want

Felix waved, as Yuna got on the bus. The doors shut. Like a chapter that ended. Like the curtains of a performance closing.

I wanna live my age, naturally ey ey
Fly with my young wings, spread my wings ey ey
It was nice when I acted like an adult
But I don't wanna change, even if they say I'm immature

Even if I'm bad at it, I like the word, beginning
It's foolish but i'm still young
It's hard to become an adult now
I'm afraid that the day I become an adult will come
The day I become an adult
[young wings]
-stray kids