chapter five; i hope it reaches your heart

"I'm on a hellevator
My hellevator
I'm on a hellevator
My hellevator
I'm on a hellevator"
[hellevator]
-stray kids

It was a Friday. They currently have one more period until school was over.

"Have you guys started the project with your partners?" Mrs. Kim asked, smiling brightly. She was wearing a pink sweater and pink leggings.

SHE'S DEFINITELY EXTRA, Hyejin thought.

"Yes!" 95% of the class said.

Felix looked up. "What project?"

Mrs. Kim stared at him. "I told you yesterday, didn't I?"

"Um..."

"Lee Felix! One point off your participation! Ask your partner after class if you have questions."

Felix turned to his right

Felix turned to his right. "Is it you?" He asked Yeseul. She shook her head and pointed at Hyejin.

"You?" He looked at Hyejin.

"Um yeah."

"Oh."

Oh? Oh what??? Oh I'm so weird and oh you're screwed? She thought.

The bell rang. Hyejin turned her head awkwardly to Felix. "Um.." Felix put his phone away before Hyejin could see his home screen. "The project.."

"Oh, I asked my friend to tell me about the project. Thanks anyways."

"So.. we do you want to start the tasks..?"

"You can decide." Felix got up and put on his black backpack. And he walked out of the classroom.

WHAT THE HELL DJDIRJ I DIDNT EVEN GET HIS NUMBER AND I WANNA GET THIS PROJECT OVER ALREADY.

Hyejin was finally out of school and after she crossed the street, she saw Felix standing by a café with his white earbuds on. He had a white T-shirt, a green bomber jacket, and shorts. Isn't he cold? Hyejin thought.
She passed Felix and continued on her walk home. Hyejin has dark brown eyes, which she got from her father, and her hair has many shades of brown, which she got from her mother. Her entire family, including her uncle's family and her grandparents, were between middle class and rich. She was the happiest daughter before her uncle told her they got in a car accident. They died before they could relay their last words to her.. Now, she lives with her cousin. Her uncle is in the hospital, extremely sick and he's showing symptoms of cancer. Her uncle divorced with her aunt because she had been caught cheating on him and she spent a lot of his money. Hyejin only has one close female friend and Jeongin, even though she barely knew him. She always kept in mind that there are barely anyone that would care if she died. She's not suicidal or anything, but at random times, she may feel very lonely.

Hyejin put on her headphones for a while. But after a few minutes, she pulled them off, because she saw the same shadow following her across streets and streets. She listened closely to the footsteps and began to feel paranoid. Could it be a stalker? Oh my god, maybe it's the thief from before!

She continued walking, but in a faster pace this time. She stopped, turned her head a bit, and saw the shadow again. She spotted a sharp stick and picked it up. She finally gathered up her courage to turn around.

"STOP FOLLOWING ME, YOU STALKER. I WILL CALL THE POLICE. I ALSO LEARNED TAEKWONDO WHEN I WAS SIX." She closed her eyes and pointed the stick at his face. She opened her eyes after five seconds. She was shocked. "Felix?"

Felix finally made a conclusion when he saw her face again

Felix finally made a conclusion when he saw her face again. She. Is. An. Insane. Girl. "Are you calling me a stalker?"

"Um..yes..maybe." She stuttered.

"Well, I thought you were the stalker because you just stop randomly in the middle of the sidewalk. And I'm walking home, but you've been walking my same route for ten minutes."

"I— I'm walking home too!" Hyejin answered. Felix just looked at her and walked away. Looking at his phone. Hyejin stood there, staring at the group blankly. Why am I so embarrassing??? Ah I just wanna bury myself in a hole!!! Hyejin continued walking until there was one more street to cross, and her house was in sight. There was a car and when it was gone, she couldn't believe her eyes. She saw Lee Felix go into the house next to hers. "No, this has to be a dream." She saw Felix shut the door. "Crap."