chapter fifteen; we hug and push aside

(A/N: 1k views!!! Thank you 💘💘💘!^^)
(SPOILER:

I was kinda disappointed bc the girls didn't win for Mixnine, but congrats to the boys!)

december 29, 11:25 pm

The nurse was about to leave and go home after checking up on Hyejin.

"Everyone is waiting for you to wake up."

There were letters on a table next to the hospital bed. Changbin, Chan, and Jeongin came hours ago and placed the letters on the table, along with some flowers.

"Don't let them worry so much." The nurse said. A few minutes after the nurse pulled her blanket up a bit, Hyejin's finger twitched. The nurse didn't notice it and headed home from the hospital.

december 30, 6:32 am
Hyejin squinted. "Where.."

White curtains. White blanket. Pale hands. Flowers. Letters.

She tried getting up. The door opened and a nurse quickly came in. "Oh my g— Don't get up. You need more rest." The nurse told her. "A miracle." She mumbled.

"How long have I been here?" Hyejin asked.

"Hmm, a week? Your friends came by. Especially that crazy boy with caramel hair.."

"Caramel haired boy? I don't think I've had a friend like that." Hyejin replied.

"Are you sure? His name is Felix. He was here every day and cried almost every time he saw you."

"I'm sure.." Hyejin answered.

"Do you know who the girl with long, dark brown hair is? Her name is Nayeon."

"Oh Nayeon! I know her."

The nurse smiled and quickly turned away to call Felix. Felix gave the nurse his number and convinced her by explaining that her uncle was hospitalized too, and he knew neither her uncle's and her cousin's number.

"Hello? Is she alright?"

"Well, you see.. she woke up—"

The call ended. "Boys these days! Making my job difficult. Ughhh!!" The nurse complained. A doctor and a few other nurses stared at her blankly, making her embarrassed and she turned away. Approximately seven minutes later, she saw him running and panting. Sweat dripped all over his face.

She sighed and tried to ignore him.

"How is she?"

"Ask her yourself. Also, she told me that she doesn't know who you are."

"What?"

"See for yourself."

The nurse opened the door. Hyejin smiled and greeted the nurse. His heart was beating. The nurse gestured Felix to Hyejin is if he was three.

"You don't recognize him?" The nurse asked.

"Um, no.."

Felix's heart stopped. "But I know her.. and.. she knows me.."

"It must be amnesia." The nurse mumbled.

"What?" Felix asked.

"Amnesia. She forgot certain things or certain people. It'll be okay, just be patient and her memories may come back. Just stay with her." No, it's better if she's not with me. His mind told him. But his heart ached. His heart wanted to stay, but his feet just kept moving. "Young man.." The nurse called, Hyejin sat on her bed and thought Felix was strange. He refused to turn back.

"Oh, you're home? I made some cookies, they're on the kitchen table if you want some." Felix's mother said as he took off his shoes. Felix just nodded his head. "Um.. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. Mom won't do that ever again, okay? I'm sorry, sweetie."

"No, mom

"No, mom. I'm should be the one that's sorry. It's not your fault at all. I just wanted someone to blame because I'm a coward."

Felix's mom started to cry again. Felix gave her a hug. "I'm crying because my baby has grown up so much! You're not a coward. You're the sweetest person in this world ❤️."

Felix smiled,

but his heart was still aching. Why?

Why is his heart aching?

(A/N: damn im basic and cringey. oh well.)

DAB DAB DAB😻😻

DAB DAB DAB😻😻