chapter twenty-two; trying to comfort myself

"Why did you leave without me???" Felix asked after Hyejin sat down next to Jisung.

"Oh.. my cousin wanted me to get her something." She lied.

"Oh, okay."

"WHO IS THE GUY YUNA LIKES?" One boy yelled. Some girls shrugged. "Is it you!?" He screamed at Baekhyun.

"N-no..."

"How can I believe you?" The boy kicked Baekhyun's chair.

Felix got up from his seat. "Stop it."

The boy whispered something into Baekhyun's ear. "I-I actually opened my eyes a bit and it's definitely not anyone around me. It was someone near Yuna.."

"Even though you were the one that said we shouldn't open our eyes?" Yeseul said, disappointed.

"I-I'm sorry."

"Well, then who was near her?"

"Enough! She told everyone not to interrogate each other." Felix interrupted.

"Was it you, then?" The boy— Joonhyun walked towards Felix. Felix didn't know what to say.

"The teacher is coming!" Hyejin yelled on purpose, so that the boys could hear her. Joonhyun glared at them and went back to his seat.

Hyejin looked over at Yuna's empty seat during class. She wondered what would happen if Felix and Yuna started dating. Would she be happy for them?

after school:

Cousin Chaeyeon

Cousin Chaeyeon
get me some apples

Me
Okay

Before Felix could walk home with her, Hyejin ran to the supermarket. She went to the fruits section. A lady next to her dropped a cucumber so Hyejin bent down to pick it up for her.

"Aren't you Yuna's classmate?" The lady asked.

"Yes. And you are..?"

"Oh, I'm her mother. Yuna is sick today. Amazingly, the day right after her birthday!"

"Ah.. I hope she gets better!"

"Do you want to come over? I can drop you off afterwards."

"Um.. sure! Thank you."

"Yuna, I'm home! There's a guest-"

Yuna's hair was perfectly straight and silky. How could someone look so perfect? "Hyejinnie!!"

"Hey! You should be resting!"

"Hehe sorry. My dad started playing BTS' Fire in the other room so I couldn't help but dance to it." They laughed. What a nice family....

"You guys can hang out for a bit. I'll make you porridge and send Hyejin home. Just don't get her sick!"

"Okay!!" Yuna replied and lead Hyejin to her room. Hyejin sat on her bed. Yuna's room had a nice, calm vibe. On her nightstand, was a picture of Yuna and Felix holding bouquets. Yuna noticed Hyejin looking at it and said, "That picture was taken a veryyyyyyy long time ago. We had this swimming competition. He won second place and I won third. Ah, I was sooo jealous of him and I practiced harder when I lived abroad."

"You've liked him since then?"

"I liked him when I first met him." Yuna started telling the entire story of how she met Felix.

It's such a sweet story. They would look so nice together.

"You like him a lot, right?"

"Of course! He's so kind. He's perfect!"

Yuna's mom opened the door and placed the porridge on her desk. "Come on, Hyejin. I'm going to drop you off, now."

"M'kay. Bye, Yuna."

"Bye, Hyejin! :)"

"I heard a bit of you guys talking about Felix. She literally talks about him every time she gets the chance to. She can't wait for him to give her his answer." Yuna's mom explained, in the car.

"Ohh.."

"I just don't know what to do.. if he rejects her. Her poor heart.."

"I- I doubt it. There's many guys that like Yuna. She's such an amazing girl! Of course Felix would like her too! It wouldn't make any sense for him to not....." she trailed off.

"Haha, I guess you're right. Thank you for being such a nice friend to Yuna. I was afraid it would be hard for her to make new friends here, but I'm relieved now."

"No problem."