I don't know how long I sat like that when I began to hear voices coming down the hall. The closer they got, the more familiar they became and I got up from the bed with wide eyes.

"-Dangerous Malakei...you need to rest."

"I can't rest until we find them. It's my fault that he lost it. I should have known."

"Do you think he is alive? Both of them?"

Before Malakei can answer my sisters question, they reveal themselves through the door. Malakei looked about ready to turn to my sister with doubt on his face when his head shoots to me sitting patiently on his bed. Immediately stopping at the door and holding Tara back.

I watch the fear and terror creep onto my sister's face when she sees me before she screams and I frown at her, hurt and confused.

"It's alright..." Malakei states coldly as he moves his hand away. His body still acting as a shield for my sister. He glares at me angrily.

"It's not him."

He spits the last word as if it were poison on his tongue. Tara sighs but doesn't come closer to me. Continuing to cling to Malakei's shirt. It's only then that I take in Malakei's appearance and features, wincing when I see the purple bruises and black eye on his face. His loose white shirt showing the bruises around his upper chest and neck. I cringe at the sight and walk over to them.

"Hey..what happened to you?" I ask in concern which makes Malakei wince and step back from me before opening his eyes and swallowing.

"You don't remember?" He questions me quietly in confusion but his eyes hold fear. I frown and shake my head.

"Some jerk beat him up." Tara states lowly to which Malakei throws her a look before looking to the ground.

"He had every right to." He mumbles under his breath and I frown at that, my hand coming down to rest on his shoulder. I feel him tense under me before he looks up with sorrow full eyes.

"We can talk about it later but right now... have you seen Keylin? I woke up this morning and he wasn't there. I thought he might have been with you but.."

I trail off as I notice their worried expressions. My sister looking at me with tears in her eyes before shaking her head and moving back for a moment to be by herself. Malakei only looked at me with features resembling a ghost. For a moment I thought he was going to cry but a hard expression falls over his face.

"What do you mean he wasn't there? The last time everyone saw him was with you! You have to know where he fucking is Raen! You fucking-! Where is he?!"

Malakei exclaims as he brings a fist up to punch my chest. I'm taken off guard by this and notice Malakei begin to throw another punch and I catch his hand.

"Where is he?!" He bellows hoarsely.

"Hey-" I go to speak but he whimpers and lets out a sob, shoulders shaking in sorrow as he looks up at me with red rimmed eyes. The last time I saw Malakei like this was when he held Keylin in his arms as he ran through the barrier in the Dry Lands. That was the night when Keylin became a Trainer.

"Where is he Raen?" He whispers desperately as he brings a bandaged hand up to cling to my shirt.

"I-I don't know." I whisper out with a worried frown which makes Malakei swallow. His lips turning into a wobbly frown as he closes his eyes and sobs.