19

" Sky is it really you?"

Morgan hurries over to the cage bars to reach for me, but Eastman pulls me back. I pull away and growl.

" He won't hurt me. I know Morgan, he is just confused."

Eastman looks at me with an uneasy face. I sigh and hurry back over to the cage. I take Morgans' hand and smile.

" Hey, Morgan. What happened to you? "

Morgan didn't respond, all he did was pull me into the bars and hugged me. I couldn't breathe because of being pulled into the bars. I hugged him back and pulled away. When I tried to move away Morgan shook his head. 

" Please, don't you leave me too."

What? What happened to Morgan?

" I won't. I promise. Now, Morgan, tell me what happened."

I grabbed a chair from a table in the other room and set it in front of where Morgan was sitting on the straw-covered floor.

" My son is dead. He got bit a while back. I was wandering around, not really doing anything, just walking. Then one day something just clicks and now I kill any walkers in sight. I just kept killing so much I started killing survivors, too. "

I gasped. No, Morgan wouldn't. Would he? I take his hand and hold it. Morgan sighed and laid his head on the cold metal bars of the cage. I sit on the ground beside him and lay my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for a moment before I started feeling my eyes get heavy.

I yawned and shook my head. I felt Morgan laugh and pat my head. 

" Go to sleep, Sky. I'll be here."

I couldn't stop myself even if I wanted to. I felt my eyes slowly close before I knew it, I was sleep.