18

I wake up on a couch. Huh?? Where am I? I try to sit up, but when I did a pounding went through my head. " Owwww!" I say rubbing my head. " Well, looks who up." I hear a voice. I jump up not caring about my head and look to see who talked.

I see an older man standing in the doorway. " W-Who are you?" I ask. The man smiles. " My name's Eastman. What's yours?" He asks. " I'm Sky Dixon." Eastman nods and holds out his hand, holding some cheese. " Want some?" He asks.

I nod and take the cheese. I carefully take a bite. Ewwww!! I spit it out and wipe my tongue. " That bad huh?" I nod and he gives me a cup a water. I gratefully drink it, hoping to get that taste out of my mouth. " Where are we?" I ask. Eastman smiles. " My cabin. About five miles from the interstate." I nod. " Why did you save me?" " Because you're just a little girl and you don't need to be eaten by those things."

I narrow my eyes at him. " I've been out there since the beginning. I was with a group, my family, my dad." I say. Eastman smiles at me sadly and sat beside me. " What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" I nod " We were living in a prison and we were protected by the huge fence. Then one day we all were out in the courtyard, just living, then a man pulled up and knocked the fences down and started to run us off and let the walkers into the prison. It was crazy, there was so much smoke and I couldn't see a thing. I tried to find my dad, but I couldn't. He's a redneck and will try to find me. I know it, he loves me. Then, my friends, Glenn and Maggie grabbed me and we ran off into the woods. We were on our own for a while then a group of guys showed up and tried to take me and Maggie. Glenn wouldn't have that so we ran off with them running after us."

I stopped and took a deep breath. " Then Maggie told me to run. I didn't want to, but she made me. I ran and ran until I almost passed out. I climbed up a tree and fell asleep. The next day I was walking down the interstate and that's when you find me." 

I wiped my tears as they rolled down my cheeks. Eastman just looked at me and I calmed down. " I'm sorry. I just miss my family." I say. Eastman nods. " It's okay. We all need to cry sometime." I nod and stand up. I then notice a cage in the other room. " Umm... Eastman? Why do you have a cage?" I ask.

Eastman sighs. " I have a man in there. He won't talk other than to tell me to kill him. I raised one eyebrow and look at the man on the floor. I couldn't see his face. I walk over, but Eastman tried to stop me. " Excuse me, mister?" I say. The man didn't move. I look at Eastman and he shrugs. I then poke the man and he jumps up from his position. He looks at me and I gasped. " Morgan!!" I smile at him.

" You know him?" Eastman asks. I nod. " He was the best friend of the leader of my group." I look back at Morgan and smile. " Morgan, it's me, Sky. You remember Daryl Dixon?" Morgan growls and looked at me. Then his eyes went wide. " S-Sky?"