Just then I hear the car pull into the driveway. I take one last look at myself in the mirror. All of a sudden I start shaking, my breathing becomes rapid. Shit. I run to my bed and sit down before my legs give out when my phone goes off. By now I'm hyperventilating, my chest hurts, and I'm dizzy. I grab my phone and my shaking hands barely put in my password. Armin texted me.

Armin: hey don't get too freaked out you got this. ik it's scary but I and all of our friends love you, your dad loves you, don't forget that!

My breathing calms and the shaking stops, Armin always has such perfect timing. I text back thank you and walk downstairs.

My dad was in the kitchen going through the mail, I see one on the counter addressed to me. I peer over at it and gasp when I see who it was from. Rose City College!

"That one's for you," my dad said turning towards me. I grab it and open it up eagerly. I hesitate when I take out the folded-up piece of paper from its wrapping. I take a deep breath and slowly unfold it with care.

My dad watches me with curious eyes. "........I......I got in.......I GOT IN!!!!" I yelled shocked and my dad ran over to me and put one arm over my shoulder and shook it.

"I knew you could son, I'm so proud of you!" I smile and put the paper back on the table. With that, my dad picks up his wallet from the counter and we make our way to the car. I put my seatbelt on quickly and my dad starts the car and with a big vroom, he backs out of the driveway and heads down the street.

We start heading in the direction of Rose. I get excited for a moment when I think that we're going into the city. I've never been. "Sorry Eren the restaurant isn't in the city, it's right before the bridge."

I purse my lips, "Aww too bad" I look out the window and the happiness escapes me when the seriousness of tonight takes over my thoughts. We get into the outskirts of the city and street lamps pass us illuminating the inside of the dark car.

Dad pulls up to the curb and parks. "We're gonna have to walk a bit" I nod and get out of the car and it locks with a honk. The cool night air calms me a little and we start heading off to the restaurant. We get to the front entrance of the building and walk inside. There was soft music playing in the huge dining hall, dozens of tables were neatly organized in the room and almost all of them were filled. We walk up to the front desk, "Reservation, Jeager."

The woman types a bit in her computer and smiles, "Right this way."

We sit at a small table towards the back of the restaurant near the huge double doors for the kitchen. The smells of different spices fill my nose as I take off my jacket and place it over the back of my chair. I slide my phone in my pocket and take my seat. The waiter comes over and we order our drinks. I then notice the unnecessary amount of forks and spoons which are placed in front of me. My dad noticed my confused face and laughs. "Seriously, who needs this many forks?" I ask.

My dad only chuckles again and says, "Nobody really cares just pick one."

Our drinks arrive and we order our food. "Can I ask why you decided to get such a fancy restaurant?" I ask calmly.

My dad looks up from his drink and smiles, "You only turn 18 once in your life, can't a father treat his son for some nice food?"

I laugh, "Good point!"

Our food comes out a lot faster than I expected for how busy it is and my mouth waters at the sizzling dish. I can't even remember what it was called, something in Italian. All I know is that it looks great. Again I'm too distracted to notice my father turn a bit angry. This time luckily I catch myself and quickly put my hands together. I give a semi-believable smile and my dad starts grace. After he finishes his prayer, we finally dig into our meals.