Chapter 5

Almost 6 months had passed since that dreaded dinner party. Your life in the Slenderman manor returned back to relatively normal. You cooked, cleaned, explored, and played with Sally all by your lonesome self. Life was good, and Slenderman was doing a great job training you up as a responsible caretaker of the house, as well as a young lady. However, not everything was exactly as it used to be.

It happened on a cold spring evening. March it must have been, and you were staring outwards to the cold bleak forest through the window you were wiping down. Even if the sun was about to start setting later in the evening, it felt as though the view would always look dark. The small yearning to go out into that forest crossed your mind. Your own fear pushed it away.

You heard a dreamy sigh as arms wrapped you from behind. "Typical [Y/N], always busy doing her chores." It was Jane, dressed in her regular curvaceous noire attire. Since the dinner party, she had taken the liberty to visit your home quite often. "C'mon, get out of this dreary place so that we can go out and have some fun."

"Jane, please, I am very busy," you explain. You were so used to her clingy nature that you did not bother pushing her off.

She grumbled under her breath and picked you up off the ground. A yelped escaped you as your feet dangled above the ground. Jane, even though you two were alike in size, picked you up fairly easily and was carrying you off to a kitchen island. You felt your butt suddenly sting from the impact of being dropped onto a high chair. 

Jane approached you, grasping your cheeks violently to make you face her. "I haven't seen you out of this house since the day I met you! Would it kill you to fly out of your cage once in a while?"

"I, uhm, wel---"

"Papa, what did we say about scaring the child?" A voice intercepted, and the two of you turned to find a familiar clown. "What if she tells her psychologist that we are the cause of her unresolved childhood trauma in the future?"

"Shut up, Mama Jackie! She'll sooner go crazy staying stuck in here than spending time with the lovely moi." Jane placed a hand on her chest as she puffed up her whole body, feigning an air of arrogance. 

LJ rolled his eyes at her, "I'm just worried that if [Y/N] spends time with you, your horrendous fashion sense will rub off on her."

At the words, black hair swiveled towards the monochrome clown. The flurry of jabs, punches, kicks and tackles happened in such speed, you could barely keep track of it all. However, the rather vicious scene caused you to raise your fingers to your mouth to stifle a giggle. You of all people knew that these two were rather close and that all the fighting was done in good fun. You loved watching Jane and LJ interact with each other, as the concept of friendship had long disappeared from your knowledge. The way they snarkily insulted each other on a daily basis, yet maintained a profound camaraderie that you couldn't understand, always enticed you. You soon found that it was partly because they had been scheming to drag you into their little group since they met you. You had yet to accept an invitation to a rather ridiculous adventure.

The fighting suddenly dissipated when you found that LJ was underneath Jane, stuck in a tackle position. He slammed his fists at the ground, yelling about somebody's uncle for a good few minutes. Jane let him go, satisfied, and LJ's head hit the floor with a loud thud in exasperation. "Please, [Y/N], Sweetie, Honey-Child," he seemed to beg with his face planted to the floor, "Can't you entertain us just this once? Then maybe Papa Jane will stop abusing me every time you say no."

"Do you want to be the cause of an abusive marriage, [Y/N]?" Jane said sternly while still sitting atop LJ. "Well, do ya?" Though she was supposed to sound angry, a triumphant smirk still snuck onto her face.