Chapter 9

Days have passed, and you constantly find yourself in a distracted daze. The antiques of the mansion you care so much for have almost crashed into nothingness a few times, your delectable meals have come out burnt more times than anyone could hope for, and your friends are becoming very concerned that you're not concerned about your behaviour at all.

Perhaps it was the lingering feeling of a pillowy softness still straying in your lips, or the scent of a man you find yourself growing fond of, or the vivid memory of his smile still searing into...

"Oh [Y/N]~ I'd love it if you didn't ignore me, darling," LJ said sarcastically, his sing song voice making him sound sweeter than they were.

You shot your head up, hitting it against the overhanging bookshelf above you. The pain caused you to since as the concerned LJ rushed towards you in concern.

He looked at you in disbelief, "Deary, are you alright? You've been acting like a ditz all week!"

"I'm fine! I'm fine! There's just a lot on my mind lately," you rubbed your head to soothe the pain.

"Don't tell me, did that blind doc do something to you?"

"EJ? Where?!" You shot your head up again, hitting it against the same bookshelf once more. The hit was harder than the last, and you curled into the floor in pain.

LJ didn't even bother to crouch down to comfort you, and instead shook his head and crossed his arms. "You're a mess, honey. I don't know what that playboy did to you, but you're acting wackier than a clown on coke. And I should know."

You looked at him amidst the throbbing pain of your injury, eyes revealing your guilt. He was right, that sugar coated, pancake flavoured, sickingly sweet kiss had been distracting you from, well, reality. It somehow crawled back into your mind almost everyday only to drift you off into your thoughts.

It didn't help that that was the last time you saw EJ. After that, Slenderman announced that the tutoring would be put into hold, as EJ was to be called away for a "Very, very, very, long business trip," he said. You were disheartened, of course, but chose to be understanding of the situation and not question it further. Oddly enough, Sally snickered a little when she heard the news.

"C'mon, get up." LJ stretched out a striped gloves hand, and you thankfully let it pull you up. "Let's get out of those dumpy clothes and go somewhere fun! Someplace to get your mind off of things and breathe a little. Oh! I know this absolutely fabulous cafe at---"

"Cafe? You mean, outside the mansion?" You eyed him suspiciously.

LJ just rolled his eyes at you. "No, in Sally's room--- Yes, I mean outside!!! I swear the funghi growing in this museum exhibit is making you go a little, how you say, coo-coo~."

Silly as it was to see him twirling his fingers beside his head, you couldn't help but shake your head to reject the suggestion. The simple thought of going outside caused shivers to go up your spine.

"I--- I dare not leave the mansion," your voice quivered, "besides, sir wouldn't take took kindly to me leaving without giving him notice."

"Poppycock, he's not here! Probably too busy giving doc hell, hehe~" The last part, he mumbled to himself. "Besides, we're just going to the nearby town. Won't even be a few hours 'till we're right back in the mansion. It'll be like we never left!"

"W-well, I have Sally to care for, and dinner to make, and chores to do, and uhm books to read---"

"You're too up your own fant-ass-y to give a shit about this house, and you know it. Besides, we got it all figured out."

"We?"

The library door opened unceremoniously, revealing Jane in clothes you could only describe as... Extravagant. A long fur coat draped over the form fitting mini dress she wore underneath. A gaudy amount of jewelry adorned her fingers, neck, and ears. Her purse seemed to stuffed to the brim with bills of money, and her eyes were covered expensive looking sunglasses (despite the fact that she was inside and the weather was cloudy).

"A bitch is here to take you two losers on a road trip." You noted that her tone changed to something cruder, and more demanding.

"You take care of the kid?" LJ asked.

"Ben made good on a favour he owes me."

"Slendy?"

"Still busy in Michigan with Dr. Dumb and Mr. Dumber. Won't be back 'till next week."

"And the hotel?"

"Correction: air BnB, and it's booked for tomorrow so let's start moving."

LJ nodded delightfully at Jane, satisfied by her answer. You, however, were still trying to process the amount of new information suddenly hurled at you. LJ took the chance to push you along amidst your confused state.

"Wait, wait, wait!!!" You pleaded, "You can't be serious! I can't just leave the mansion! I haven't even packed my bags for this trip!"

"No worries, I already did. They're in the trunk." Jane answered, twirling her car keys with her fingers.

"Wah, LJ! I thought you wanted to go to the nearby cafe; what is this talk about a road trip?!"

"Well, we are still going to a cafe. By a town. That might be a city. That might be a few hours drive. That might make those few hours I mentioned actually a day and we're staying the night."

Your eyes turned as wide as saucers, and just as you were about to run away, the two of them took both of your arms. Being stronger than you, they easily dragged you backwards towards the exit, as you struggled helplessly against their grasp. The view of the library door was getting smaller and smaller as you watched it drift away from you.

"You... You ASSHOLES!!!"

And that was the first time the walls of the Slenderman mansion heard you speak in such foul, foul language.