Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Um, I'm really sorry if we bothered you. We didn't know it wasn't opened yet," Namjoon said suddenly, probably trying to settle this before it even began. "We'll just—"

"Yeah, well this is a dance club, not a day museum. So you should take your sightseeing elsewhere and quit trespassing onto whatever looks half interesting," she snapped.

I stepped in front of Namjoon, hating how easily he was letting her push him around. With a flip of my hair, I continued glaring down at her, as I was much taller. I was thoroughly done with her uppity attitude.

"I don't remember there being a rule against coming in here before the sun sets," I retorted. "Maybe you should invest in a sign or something, instead of waiting for random people to come in here and then pouncing on them like a little punk."

"Is that so? Well, maybe you should have some class and know better than to walk into a nightclub in the middle of the day. Are you really that desperate?" She replied with a scoff.

I rolled my eyes, trying to burn off steam for a moment so I wouldn't go off and embarrass myself in front of Namjoon.

"What's that supposed to mean? Because you see, I'm not the one who was here in the first place. Especially not alone...am I really the desperate one?" I asked her slowly.

The girl narrowed her eyes further and opened her mouth to speak, but another voice commanded everyone's attention before she could continue.

"Yah! Aera! Are you scaring off day costumers again?" A strangely familiar voice asked.

We all glanced to see a young man jogging in. He looked annoyed and slightly sheepish. Gloss.

Without warning, Namjoon snatched my wrist tightly. I jumped and looked back at him. He watched the small rapper with widened eyes.

"I told you, Sunbae. Anyone who comes during the day is a pervert and nothing else. And here I have two," the so called Aera said.

I ignored her, too focused on the hyperventilating Namjoon and this rapper who looked so normal, so human in the daytime.

"Sorry about her, guys. She's just very protective of this place. Everywhere else is always overrun by pedophiles and druggies if it's daytime. We don't want that for here, but it seems Aera over here has taken that rule to the extreme."

Aera shook her head and scowled at the ground, but Gloss tilted his head at us, recognition passing through his eyes.

"Oh, it's you two," he said after a moment. "Anna, right? And Namjoon."

Namjoon's grip tightened, but he sent Gloss a small nod. I wondered if Gloss could tell something was up. It was hard not to notice Namjoon's strange behavior, so I was pretty sure he did. But he decently ignored it.

"Uh, what are you doing here now?" He asked.

"Just passing by. Thought we'd peak inside," I told him, trying to remain calm in this weird situation. "It's strange to be here during the day..."

"Yeah. But you get used to it," he murmured, glancing about. "Are you two coming tonight? We're having a rap battle. It should be interesting."