Chapter Twenty-Six

☁︎

Namjoon

"We went to Ignis."

Hoseok just stared at me, his eyes blank. After a moment, he just blinked.

"Where?"

Confusion began to spread through me. He was just talking about it with Taehyung. Wasn't he? I wondered. I'd been so sure they'd said the name at the party.

"Oh. I thought you knew about Ig--"

"You went where?!" He yelled, standing up all at once.

Hot soup splashed up, landing on my exposed hand. I let out a slight hiss in pain, yanking it back quickly, but Hoseok didn't notice any of it.

"You went to freaking Ignis?! You, the class president, went to the fire house?! How did Anna know about it?!"

"Calm down. It's not a big deal. We just came across it and walked in," I said as smoothly as possible.

I wanted him to sit down so all the glances our way would cease,
and I could attend to my third degree burns. But instead, Hoseok slapped his hands down on the table and brought his face right over mine.

"Namjoon, how on earth did Anna know about that place?" He asked quietly.

"Is it really necessary to freak out?"

"If you really thought this wasn't a big deal, then why did you take so long to tell me, hm?" He pointed out.

I winced, knowing his was right, but I ignored the question and stood with him. Gently, I grabbed his shoulders and pushed him back into his seat.

"There's no reason to freak out. I just...was aware that you knew about the place," I responded carefully.

"That's such a lie. Anna didn't show it to you, I bet. I bet you showed her! I bet you already knew about it!"

That was actually partially true. Except I had only inadvertently shown her. Anna had been the one to put it all together.

"Hoseok, honestly, this is why I called you."

Realization replaced the shock in his face.

"Oh, whoops. I'd completely forgotten you were the one to call in the first place," he admitted sheepishly. "So tell me."

"It's true, that I wanted to go to Ignis last night," I said softly. "And...I want to go again tonight."

☁︎

Anna

I stared at my phone as the line went dead, shocked. Kim Namjoon actually wanted to go back to Ignis. And it was his idea to go back, too. I blinked at it, wondering just where this whole situation was headed.

"Anna. Hello? You good?" Jimin was suddenly beside me.

I blinked, turning to look at him. An idea popped into my head as we made eye contact.

"When's the next time you're going to Ignis?" I asked suddenly.

Jimin looked startled at my question. It was his turn to blink and watch me for a moment.

"Uh-- wait, I...I mean...tonight?" He stuttered. "My girlfriend is performing."

"Good. We can go together," I told him, turning to put my phone back.

"Wait...what? How...why?"

I gave him a confused look.

"Why what? Why are you so speechless, Jimin?" I crossed my arms. "Is it really so hard to believe that I've been there? That I know about it?"

"I mean...I guess not. I was just surprised, that's all." His cheeks began to grow pink, probably feeling sheepish about his stuttering self. "Why do you want to go tonight anyway?"

"I have a...friend. He wants to go tonight." I thought back to the way Namjoon had immediately hung up after whispering those words, as if he regretted it. "I want to make sure he doesn't back out."

"You think going with me will help him come?"

"I don't know." I looked away. "Maybe going with a more of a group will help. Maybe it'll make it worse. We'll see."

"Huh. Maybe."

We headed back over to the counter where Taehyung and Jungkook still stood.

"Oh, and Anna?"

"Yes?"

"I know a few others who'll be tagging along."

☁︎

After I let it slip that Namjoon's parents wouldn't be so keen on letting him go to a club, Taehyung and Jimin immediately started to concoct a sort of "master plan" as they called it, to get Namjoon out of the house. What they hadn't let me finish saying is that Namjoon would just be telling his mom he was going to the library to study.

"Then of course we'll need some sort of rope," Taehyung was saying as we pulled up to the edge of Namjoon's neighborhood. "A ladder would be best, but I'm sure he's strong enough to climb with a rope."

"Definitely. And then for the distraction, Jungkook will have to do," Jimin replied.

"Wait, hold up!" Jungkook exclaimed from the back seat.

"Does a teenage boy selling cookies seem too shady?" Jimin continued.

At that moment, Namjoon tapped on the window of the front seat, where I sat. I sighed in relief, then gave him a thumb pointing to the seat behind me. The boys all stared in surprise as he opened the car door. Jimin was driving,  and Jungkook and Taehyung sat beside each other in the backseat. Namjoon slid into the window seat beside Jungkook.

"Woah. How did he...?" Jungkook started.

"He's good," Jimin whispered.

"Hey, I do know you," Taehyung exclaimed. "I knew I'd heard that name before. You were at the party!"

"You forgot me in one night?" Namjoon asked with a frown.

"Is there any room for me?" A familiar voice called from outside the car.

Jung Hoseok poked his head in with raised eyebrows.

"Hyung? You're here too?" Taehyung asked in confusion.

In fact, all the boys in the car were now confused. I only felt slightly guilty, being the only one who knew the whole plan apparently.

After some seat rearranging and a lot of arguing, we were off to the city. Jungkook ended up in Taehyung's lap, with Jimin and Namjoon beside them. I kept my seat up front, and Hoseok somehow became the driver.

"Tell me again why I was bumped back?" Jimin asked in bewilderment.

"Because, the only way I'll feel at least half confident about being there on time is if I drive. I need complete control over the situation," Hoseok said smoothly, sending a grin to the half-annoyed boy.

Jimin grumbled a bit but didn't argue any more.

"Why do you need to be there on time?" I asked.

The whole car was silent. I frowned slightly and turned to see from what it came about. Everyone was giving me a look of disbelief, as if I should know exactly what Hoseok was talking about. I realized that, this time, I was the one out of the loop.

"Anna," Namjoon finally spoke. "Hoseok is performing tonight."