"Well now's your chance." Christian said.

"You're right." Cookie said as she jumped with excitement.

"Cookie stop it, I keep telling you not to do that in public." Christian said as he grabbed his sister.

"Well then I guess it is all settled then." Regina said trying to bring the awkward meeting to a close.

"You know Gina I was really hoping that by this time you would be coming to my wedding as my sister-in-law." Cookie said as she glared at her brother sideways. "It's all your fault." Cookie said hitting her brother in the back of the head.

"You and I need to get together and have lunch." Cookie said as she linked her arm with Regina's and walked towards the exit leaving Verity alone with Christian.

"Judging by the shocked expression on her face I take it you never told her I came back." Christian said as he watched Regina and Cookie walk away.

"What do I look like a postal worker I don't deliver messages; you're the one who broke her heart why should I do you any favors? If I remember correctly I still owe you a castration." Verity said with a scowl. Christian let out a slight laugh knowing that she was serious.

"Verity you know you still love me, don't be mean." Christian said as he wrapped his arm around Verity.

"Don't think you can use that southern charm of yours to get back on my good side. I am not helping you win Regina back, you shouldn't have let the best thing that will ever happened to you go." Verity said shrugging his arm off of her.

"That is true, but back then I had my priorities mixed up but now I know what I want."

"Good for you, stay away from my sister." Verity said before walking away. Christian let out a sigh of frustration as he watched Verity walk away.

I have my work cut out for me. He thought.

****

"Verity I can't eat another bite." Regina said as she pushed Verity's fork away from her mouth.

"You still look a little pale." Verity said with a frown.

"Verity I'm fine." Regina said with a smile grateful to have a friend who cared for her so much. Regina began to rifle through her purse for her blood glucose meter only to realize that she had left it in her other purse.

"Oh man I forgot my meter." Regina mumbled. Verity produced a small sliver makeup pouch and handed it to Regina.

"Do I look that bad I need make up on?" Regina asked taking the bag from Verity and the thought that she looked bad in front of Christian made her heart drop.

Why should I care what he thinks? Regina thought as she opened the bag and saw a glucose meter.

"Why are you carrying this around?" Regina asked with amazement.

"In case of emergencies like today," Verity said with a shrug.

"You actually bought a meter and carry it around with you just for me?"

"Uh yeah, you're my best friend/ sister, why wouldn't I?" Verity said as if it was no big deal not realizing how much the gesture meant to Regina.

"You're the best Bffff I've ever had." Regina said as she got up from her seat and hugged Verity.

"I'm your only Bffff." Verity said with a laugh. "Now go test yourself so I know you're okay to drive home, even though I should take you home myself."

"I told you I'm fine." Regina checked her glucose level and it was in the normal range.

Verity dropped Regina off to the art gallery so she could pick up her car and after ten minutes of arguing Regina finally gave in and let Verity follow her home. When Regina walked into her apartment she flopped down on her sofa and covered her face with her hands as she let out a groan of frustration. Seeing Christian again had brought up so many memories the good and the bad that she had become overwhelmed with emotions. Regina had gone through all different types of emotions after their break-up and seeing Christian again only triggered one emotion, anger. Regina was angry at the way he was so cavalier about seeing her again, she had expected him to grovel at her feet for forgiveness that way to could trample him and move on with her life. Regina tried to shake the image of his face from her mind but it was no use. She could still feel the pain from his leaving like it was yesterday.